>eight

SOPHIA sighed as Aras rubbed her shoulders, getting rid of any knots there and slightly below. She leaned into his touch as he pressed his thumbs against her skin.

Survivor was nothing like Big Brother. Sophia knew that since day one. But it's a lot harder than she thought it was going to be.

She didn't think she'd have to brush her teeth with bamboo sticks provided by production. She didn't think chopping into a coconut would take such strength, and she also didn't think it'd be hard to not be able to see Cody for a while.

Now here she was, her back was knotted up and every second of the day she was exhausted, and though she had ate often, she was always hungry.

It was nice to spend some time with Aras, especially since it meant more bonding time with him. She didn't know if Vytas was still in after last night, considering the smart move would be to get rid of him, but if he was she definitely wanted to be friendly with them both.

She was going to use the same strategy as she did in Big Brother; use the men to her advantage. Although she wasn't contained in a house with 17 other people, she was stuck in the wild with 22 (including herself).

Obviously she knew it'd be a hard game, but definitely not this hard.

~>~

"Come on in, guys!"

Sophia took a seat in her regular spot. She was confident that Cody was going to appear with his tribe and Vytas was going to end up on redemption island. It was the smart move and the obvious decision.

"Tadhana getting your first look at the new Galong tribe, Laura B. voted out at the last tribal council."

Sophia wasn't going to lie when she said she was shocked. She didn't think people could be so stupid to make that move.

"And the competitors for today's duel: John, Laura M., and Laura B."

Plus, to add onto that, the winner of duel today was going to re-enter the game. She didn't know Laura B., so clearly she didn't want her back in. John was one of her close friends and Laura M. was Ciera's mom.

So it was a bit of a tough situation to be in on who to root for.

"The competition tonight is very simple: you will hold onto a pole for as long as you can. Any part of your body touches the ground, you're out."

Seconds into the challenge, Laura B. had slipped down to the second foothold, not much of a surprise, but it just goes to show how weak she is out here.

After that, about 20 minutes passed with hardly any movement from anyone.

Then, John started to slip.

Sophia was about to call out to him to focus and relax, try to think about how much he wanted to play this game and get back in, but she stopped herself before she could say anything. All she could do was sit there and watch.

John started to slip more before hitting the sand, kicking the sand around in frustration. Sophia clapped for him along with a few other people from the benches.

"Good job, John!" shouted Sophia, an encouraging smile on her face. He simply sat down, tilting his head against a board, breathing heavily.