Sick day Vol.1

It's 11 am, you got hardly any sleep last night, it was like you were sleeping next to a heavy smoker and that because Harry has tonsilitis. He also has a fever of  40c and he's losing his voice and coughing practically every time he breathes in along with a long list of things he's been complaining about all night. it was mainly the coughing that kept you awake all night. 

You've booked today off work to look after him,  you were originally meant to work from home but it wasn't like you could do any work whilst he was whining and moaning every time you left his side. 

Being unwell is the only time Harry will want constant cuddles, right now you're sat on the sofa with his head in your lap whilst he naps. He's demanded that all curtains and blinds stay shut because of his headache. he's dosed up on painkillers & Paracetamol to keep his temperature down. You have the tv on but it's muted with the subtitles showing. You softly play with his curls, twirling your finger around the little ringlets. A small little raspy hum escapes from his chapped lips as he wakes up and rolls onto his back to look at you, he smiles slightly. 

"Good Morning sleeping beauty," you say quietly not wanting to hurt his head,
He sniffles "Good Morning" his voice breaks as he speaks, he sits up and reaches for the box of tissues as he yawns before blowing his nose for the 20th time since you both left the bed at 8 am. 
You rub his back softly in a circular motion "You'll end up with no nose left if you keep blowing it" you joke 
"Tell me about it, I look like Rouldolph.. I could guide Santa's sleigh with how bright my nose it" Harry says with a small laugh before coughing violently
As he coughs you pat his back softly as you laugh at his joke "what do you fancy for lunch?" you ask as you move your hand up his back and into the curls that are at the top of his neck, you softly massage the bottom of his head 
He hums as he leans his head back into your fingers making you apply more pressure as you massage "Can you use both hands?" he says with his croaky voice, you reposition yourself and start to use both hands and add more pressure
"Can you answer my question?" you laugh softly "What do you want for lunch?" you ask again. He takes a while to think "I don't know, I cant swallow very well" he says in an upset tone. you suggest soup and he agrees to chicken and mushroom. 

You guys sit and watch some of Harry's favourite movies but when it comes to lunch time you get up off the sofa. unknowingly to you, Harry follows you out. He wears the blanket youve both been cuddling up with, around his shoulders as a cape. he waits until youve got the soup on the stove to wrap his arms around you from behind wrapping the blanket around you too. He clings to you, resting his face on your back, you cant help but smile. He keeps hold of you and moves with you around the kitchen as you season his soup and get his favourite bowl out to serve his soup up. 

Youre making sure he keeps his fluids up by giving him a glass of water every now and again in between his cups of tea and glasses of fresh orange juice. You get him a glass of water to have with his soup and tell him to go sit on the sofa ready for you. He frowns and pouts slightly not wanting to leave the kitchen without you 
"Harry, go sit on the sofa.. I'm literally getting you a tray then i'll be there darling" you say in a stern but somehow sympathetic voice but it does the trick, he waddles off struggling with the blanket. Once you place the tray on his lap he thanks you 
"Thank you, are you going to stay? have you got soup too? do you want me to make you some?" he asks 
"Youre welcome, Worry about yourself and eat up" you say leaning down kissing the top of his head "choose a movie to watch, im going to grab my lunch" as you walk out of the living room you can hear harry sigh softly, you laugh softly to yourself.
"God, hes such a baby" you whisper as you pour some hot water into a potnoodle and walk back to him.
"I chose inception"He says with a little proud smile 
"The first movie we ever watched together, How romantic" you say with a smile and sit next to him.