Thunder & lightning

It's the middle of June, the summer heatwave has finally hit England. But what closely follows the heatwave is the summer storms.

It's 11pm, neither you or Harry can sleep, you're both far to interested in the storm. You're both sat on the sofa sideways, looking out the window. Harry is in between your legs, with his head resting back on your chest, your hand in his curls softly playing with them, twirling them around your fingers.

Harry chuckles as a huge bolt of lighting strikes across the sky
"Fucking hell" he laughs "that was huge" he says as he looks up at you with a grin on his face, a grin that quickly disappears and is replaced with a look of fear as an even bigger rumble of thunder appears. The thunder was so loud that the sofa you were both on shook beneath you. You look back at Harry with the same amount of fear, you're unsure of what to say so instead of asking him if he's okay, you recite yours & Harrys favourite tiktok
"That was fucking scary, my hearts going pitta patta pitta patta, I feel sick, like I could throw up" you say. Before you could even finish your sentence Harry bursts out laughing and nods and agrees "that was fucking scary" he says through his laughing. You laugh along with him and pull him a little closer into your chest.

The hours go past and you both stay watching the storm. Both of you gasping and "oh my god"ing at every large strike of lightning or rumble on thunder.

It's now 1am and Harry is the first one to fall asleep, he has his head rested back on your shoulder, his lips open slightly as he breathes heavily through his mouth, you lean down and kiss him temple softly, he smiles softly in his sleep.

You smile at his smile and kiss his cheek
"Should we go to bed darling?" You ask softly hoping not to scare him awake.
Harry hums and rubs his eyes as he yawns widely and nods "yeah, I'm really tried" he mumble with his eyes still closed.

Harry stands up and rubs his eye again. You get up after him. He stands still for about 40 seconds not moving a muscle, his eyes still closed,
"You alright?" You ask with a little laugh,
"Huh?" He says waking up and opening his eyes and looking at you. You just smile at him
"I love you" you say softly, trying not to laugh at him as you shake your head
"I love you too, but can we go to bed? I'm really tired" he says completely oblivious to the fact he's just stood still for almost a minute.

Only a short one.. wrote this during a huuuuge thunderstorm & then woke up to hear the news that all my local beaches were closed because our local emergency water waste building had been struck my lighting & released all the waste into the sea!