The flu

- I have the flu rn so enjoy my emotional writing! -

You've had a rough day at university, you woke up this morning with a pounding headache, a blocked nose, a tight chest & sore throat, but you pushed yourself to get out of bed and out the house.

You chose to take the train to and from university today, but deep down you wish you had driven.
The freezing cold air of London causes your body to ache excruciatingly, pushing you on to the verge of tears.

You've just gotten home, Harry is out having a golfing lesson with Scott.. he should be home any minute now.

You promised Harry that you'd make him your famous pasta bake for dinner but you really don't feel like doing it.
You send Harry a quick text:

Y/n: hey, I'm not feeling too great, do you mind if we get a takeaway tonight for dinner? xo

Harry: of course I don't mind Angel. Rest up, I'm on my way home. I love you x

Y/n: I love you too xo

You smile as you read Harry's text.

You know it'll take him roughly an hour to get home so you get yourself into your pyjamas & turn the heating on.

As the hour goes on, you end up on the sofa. As you Cuddle up under the blanket a little bit more with Harry's hoodie on you hear the door open. You shiver and softly groan in pain as you feel the cold come rushing through to the living room

"I'm home darling" Harry says as he lumbers his golf clubs in through the front door "are you feeling any better?" He yells through as he walks into the kitchen and puts his water bottle & snacks that he didn't use on the kitchen side

"Hello my love" you say whilst shivering "not really, but I'm a little happier you're home"

"Aw Angel" he says with a little chuckle as he walks into the living room, he frowns as he see you all wrapped up like a burrito

"Are you cold?" He asks you

You nod

"Princess, the house is like a sauna.. have you taken your temperature?" He asks as he places his hand on your forehead

You flinch away and whine "you're freezing" you say as you move the blanket up over your shoulders

"And you are boiling, come on.." he says softly as he starts to take the blanket off of you

"Nooooo, please, I was just getting warm enough" you say as you try to pull the blanket back up but you're too weak to fight against him. You let the blanket go, revealing the many many screwed up tissues from where you've been blowing your nose nonstop and hold your arms out to Harry in hopes that he'll give you a hug.

Harry takes your hands and pulls you up "we can have a cuddle after we get some medicine in you & take your temperature" he says as he gets you up on your feet and kisses the top of your head.

Harry takes you to the kitchen and sits you up on the kitchen side, he stands in between your legs as he opens the first aid kit and takes out the thermometer.

"Open up" he says as he holds the thermometer at your lips, you open your mouth and he puts it under your tongue.

You wrap your legs around his waist and look at him with puppy dog eyes. Harry sighs softly and pushes your hair behind your ear as he cups your cheek

"It'll be all okay soon, you'll be back to your usual self in no time" he says in a reassuring tone as the thermometer beeps indicating that it had done its jobs.

Harry takes it out of your mouth and hisses at the number shown "48.9 degrees"he says with a sigh "that's a fever my darling" he adds as he pops out two paracetamol (or ibuprofen if you're not allergic to it like me) from the first aid kit and passes them to you along with the bottle of water he had brought in from his golf game. "Take these and then we can cuddle and order some dinner" he says.
You do as you're told.

As the night continues you end up surrounded by used tissues again. You steal Harry's golf fleece and use his body as a hot water bottle.

You guys choose to get an Indian takeaway, Harry said that maybe the spice of the curry would help you sweat out the fever but all it has done is made you tired.

You protest that you watch UP whilst having dinner. Harry wants to watch inception but you want to watch something Disney and of course you play the "but I'm not well" card and guilt trip Harry.

You're 1/2 way through up, you've both finished your dinners & you're not cuddling on the sofa. You're under a blanket with Harry's fleece still on. Harry keeps complaining about how he's far too hot to be under the blanket with you.

You have your head on Harry's chest, he's softly playing with your hair as  you slowly start to fall asleep to sound the movie and the sound of Harry's heartbeat.

You're asleep for roughing 10 minutes. Your blocked nose causing little snores to come out of your mouth. Harry notices and smiles, kissing the top of your head as he stops the movie.

Harry starts to change the movie over to inception, he thinks that you'll be asleep for the time of the movie.

But just as luck would have it, you wake yourself up with a loud violent sneeze. The sneeze hurts your chest and throat and causes you to whine in pain. "Ouch" you whisper

"Fucking hell, oh my god" Harry says loudly as he gets the fright of his life and jumps out of his skin "what the fuck was that?" He asks holding his chest

"I sneezed" you say sleepily rubbing your eye as you reach and grab a tissue to blow your nose again

"You nearly gave me fucking heart attack" he says still shocked "how the hell can you sneeze in your sleep?" He asks with a little chuckle

"I'm unwell, anything can be possible" you say with a little smile as you cuddle back into his chest.