My best friends brother - part 1

You & Sam have been best friends since primary school... Both of yours & Sam's parents were close friends in their schooling days and reconnected when you & Sam became friends.

You & Sam grew a strong bond through both of your loves for Piano playing. You and Sam met outside your primary school piano lessons & the rest was history!

It's been 14 years, usually a friendship would die out before that.. But something (or should we say someone) else was keeping you interested in the friendship.. plus Sam knew too much, if you two fell out.. you'd have to kill him.

It's now November 2021, You're slouched on the sofa next to Sam with a bowl of popcorn resting on your chest. You're both glued to the tv screen watching & quoting LaLa Land.

"Hey y/n, I didn't know you were coming round today?" Harry, Sam's Twin brother, says as he walks into the living room, sitting down on the other sofa.
Harry.. Harry Robert Holland, aged 22, small movie director, videographer & photographer.. the guy you've had a crush on since you were 7 years old.

"H-hey Baz, I didn't know you were home" you say with a small panicked laugh,as you sit up properly on the sofa, moving the popcorn onto Sam's lap.. trying to make yourself look a little more presentable. You look down at your Percy pig Pjs & Cherry Hoodie that you had stolen from Tom's & Sam's bedroom and start to regret your outfit choice.

Harry smiles over at you, this is the first time in a long while he had seen you relaxed and in comfortable clothing, he kinda liked it.

"Hey man" Sam says as he lets out a yawn "what are you up to today?" Sam asks stretching as he keeps his eyes on the tv

"Eh, nothing much. Dad wants me to go over and help him film a video for Patreon & then I'm probably gonna go for a beer with Leo" Harry says as he takes his phone out of his hoodie pocket

Sam frowned looking over at Harry "what pub?" He asks as harry looks down at his phone, scrolling through what you think is Instagram

"The Black Horse" Harry mutters as if Sam should already know

"Can we join?" Sam asks with a cheeky grin

Harry looks up from his phone and over at you "do you have any other outfit?" He asks you

You nod, you had an emergency dress in Sam's wardrobe that you kept at incase of last minute outings like this.

"Then yeah, you guys can come along" harry says looking down at his phone again.

- later on at the pub -

You've all been at the pub for about an hour. For you.. it's awkward. You haven't met Leo before, Sam & of course Harry know him well. You haven't been able to put any input into their conversations, you're sat there on the edge of the table finishing off your 4th double vodka and lemonade whilst listening to the drunk singers on the karaoke machine.

"Hey, Sammy.. let's go sing on karaoke" you say over the boys talking, you put your hand on his arm to make sure he's listening to you

"Eh, I'm not in the mood for singing.. I've not had enough to drink yet" he says pulling an uninterested face

You sigh loudly and sit back in your seat with a face like thunder. Both Harry & Sam notice your bitch face.
"You go up and sing, you have a beautiful voice.. I'll just ruin it for you anyway" Sam says trying to mend the situation.

Usually this type of situation wouldn't phase you, but the 4 double shots of vodka you've already consumed are effecting your emotions.

"Come on, I'll come sing with you" Harry says from across the table. He holds his hand out to you, you accept it & take his hand standing up, earning a smirk from Sam.