"Daddy's Magic Monster Spray"

It's 9 pm on a Friday evening, You and Harry are both on your laptops doing work, He's typing up a script and you're writing a new chapter for your novel when you hear your bedroom door open slowly.  
"Mummy?" you hear a little voice say quietly,
"What is it darling? why aren't you asleep?" you say as you put your laptop down next to you as you look over at your little 4-year-old boy who is wearing his batman PJs that Harrison got him.

Your little boy looks exactly like Harry did when he was his age, he has these two cups handle-like ears and a head full of light ginger curls. He also has Harry's beautiful brown eyes. The only thing missing is Harry's birthmark but your baby boy has his own on his back. 

"I had a nightmare," your little boy says as he holds his spiderman blankie that Uncle Tom got him with both hands  and looks down at his feet, you feel your heartbreak as you look at how upset and scared your baby boy is, but obviously Harry feels the same, 
"Oh Buddy, come and have mummy and daddy cuddle," Harry says as he moves his and your laptop to the end of the bed. Your little boy walks to the edge of the bed you are on and you lift him and sit him on Harry's lap and cuddle into them. 
"Do you want to talk about it?" you ask him but he shakes his head 
"Not yet," he says as he cuddles into Harry's chest.

Harry looks at you with a slightly concerned look, he moved his head towards the door and moved his eyebrows, you can tell that Harry was thinking of the worst outcome and that he wanted to go check his bedroom to make sure nothing was actually there to scare him. you nodded. 
"Go cuddle mummy for a second buddy, I'll be back in a second" Harry says as he places your little boy in your lap and stands up 
"Can you see if there's anything under my bed? and in my wardrobe?" your little boy finally speaks up about his nightmare as he rests his head on your chest. Harry walks around the bed to the door.
"Is that what happened in your nightmare?" you ask softly as you play with his little curls, he nods, Harry stops in his tracks as he watches him nod.
"A monster was in my wardrobe and I was using Daddy's magic monster spray to get him to go away and he wouldn't go away and he went under my bed and ate my toes," he says softly as he tears up "I want my toes," he says as he looks up at you with tears in his eyes. Harry sits on your side of the bed and rubs his back softly as your boy starts to cry.

You and Harry had been having trouble with 'monsters' under the bed for a while so Harry pretended to make a magic spray, really it was just water and salt and a bit of zoflora all mixed in an old cleaning spray bottle, your little boy had made a custom label for it. 

"It's okay darling, look," you say as you take hold of his feet and you start to count his toes "10, see you still have all 10 toes," you say as you cup his cheek and wipe his tears away " Daddy will go in and spray his magic spray and tell the monster off for scaring our baby boy and by the time you're ready to go to bed again, the monster will have gone," you say with a smile 
"Pinky promise?" your little boy says as he sniffles and holds up his pinky
"Pinky Promise," you say linking your pinky with his, 
your little boy turns and holds his pinky up to Harry "Do you pinky promise too?" 
Harry nods "Of course I do," Harry says with a smile and links his pinky too. 

After Harry has cleared the bedroom of 'Monsters' it's roughly 10 pm, you both put your little boy back to bed. Harry sits on the edge of his bed and tells him a little fairy tale. You stand next to harry, your hand in his curls playing with them softly as you both watch your baby fall back asleep. you both agree to leave his nightlight on for the night just to make sure he doesn't have another nightmare. 

Once you're both back in bed you both shut your laptops down and choose to watch a couple of episodes of New Girl, However, you both fall asleep halfway through the first episode. Harry is woken up by the theme song of the next episode, he jumps out of his skin which wakes you up. You sigh and groan at him mumbling about him being silly and waking you up as you roll onto your side and face away from him,
"Sorry love," he mumbles as he turns the tv off. He cuddles in behind you, his arm wrapping around your waist as he pulls you into his chest and kisses your shoulder 
"Good Night, I love you," He says softly
You smile sleepily as you place your hand on top of his which is on your waist "Good Night, I love you too" you reply just as softly.