Chapter 2

Fred, Aurora, George, Ginny, the golden trio, and a few others were sat at the Gryffindor table in the great hall, eating breakfast. Ron was stuffing his face as Hermione scolded him from across the table. Aurora giggled at the younger Weasley. He always pushes Hermione's buttons without even realising he's doing it. It's a talent really, Aurora thought.

As Aurora ate her porridge and honey, she felt a pair of eyes on her. She looked up from her bowl and her eyes scanned the room for the said pair of eyes. Her eyes landed on the Hufflepuff table. She recognised the boy staring at her to be Cedric Diggory, the boy who nearly died during the tournament a year or two ago. He gave her a small smile and winked, then turned back to his friends.

Aurora's eyes widened. She rarely got attention from boys, due to all the boys at school knowing if they hurt her in any way they'd have two redheads with beaters physiques to answer to. Most boys preferred easier targets. Less baggage. This new attention made heat rush to Aurora's cheeks. Hermione elbowed her back into reality.

"Did I just see that right or am I imagining things?" Hermione asked Aurora.

"Ah so that did happen, not just me." She answered still looking in Cedric's direction.

"Oh my god Rory! He was totally looking at you. He even winked at you!" She says.

"Sssshhhh Hermione!" Aurora scolded.

This catches Fred and George's attention. Both their fiery heads lift from their plates filled with eggs and bacon. Aurora immediately hushed Hermione but it was too late.

"Who winked at Rory?" George asked.

"Hermione don't, or I'll cast a humidity hex on your hair,"Aurora threatened menacingly.

Hermione's lips were pursed together trying to contain herself. She raised her eyebrows at Aurora. Aurora sighed and slapped her forehead into her hands. Here we go she thought to herself.

"Cedric!" Hermione squealed.

Fred and George gave each other a knowing look. No way he's getting anywhere near her they both thought. A boy with Cedric's reputation must be avoided at all costs. He breaks hearts left, right and centre, all over the halls at Hogwarts. His near death experience only bought him more brownie points with the female population.

"We'll sort him out," Fred said, returning his gaze to his bacon.

"Agreed,"George said still staring at Cedric.

"Boys, stop it. He was only being friendly." Aurora tried to diffuse the tension.

"That's what he started out doing to the, what can only be described as, a statistic of girls whose hearts he has broken." Fred protested.

The twins were and always had been very protective over Aurora. She was their bestfriend and they would be lost without her. They weren't going to let some boy hurt her in any way.

"Fair point, but there's no need to go all guns blazing. I'm not interested," Aurora said looking down at her bowl.

Fred and George lifted both theirs heads and stared at Aurora, at each other and back to Aurora.

"What?" Both twins said.

"Well, don't get me wrong Cedric is very good looking but I'm just not interested. I'm actually secretly in love with the ongoing dentist bill," she said as she gestured over to Adrian Pucey.

The twins eyes widened.

"No way!"George exclaimed, shocked.

"You like Pucey? As in, Adrian Pucey?"