Chapter 26

The game was intense. Rough. And challenging. Much like any game between Gryffindor and their so-called rivals, Slytherin.

Some believed it was down to the hatred each house had for other. That the dislike was so strong that when they collided on the pitch, it was definitely something to behold. But, if you were to ask Aurora, she would say it was because each house had met their match.

Yes, Slytherin house was full with not-so-decent people, but those people could certainly play an unbelievable game of quidditch. Even Malfoy. He was a pest, a rodent and overall an evil person. But nobody could deny he had a talent for the game. Each team member brought something different to the table.

But Nott, he brought Starters, Main Course and Dessert to the table. He was mesmerising to watch. He made every catch, shot and movement in general look effortless. He was undeniably the best on the team.

But, like said before, every ounce of talent that Slytherin had, it was matched by another who wore Red and Gold. Harry was constantly neck and neck with Malfoy. The twins had their work cut out for them with the Slytherin beaters. And Aurora, she had to admit, was finding a challenge in being all over Nott like a rash. Like he was for her also. Their profound talents were matched by one another. For the crowd, it was nothing short of entertaining.

That along with his little Occlumency trick was distracting for her. He had tried many times to get in her head, but she shook it off every time. She couldn't afford any distraction. Nott couldn't help but find how focused she was on the game attractive. The girl before him had control, power and intelligence.

"AND AURORA JENKINS NOW HAS THE QUAFFLE,"Lee's voice said over the microphone.

She surged forward toward the hoops. They were winning, but not by much. The 20 points that they had over Slytherin guaranteed nothing. Games could change in the blink of an eye, and Aurora knew that. Not to mention there was only another 10-15 minutes left.

With her eyes set on her destination, Aurora powered forward, taking absolutely no notice of who was behind her. He was hot on her tail, and if he caught up to her, there was no telling what he would do. Everyone eyes dragged to the pair in confusion as the Slytherin seeker set a chase on the Gryffindor chaser as she made her way down the field.

Zabini and Riddle tried to tackle her but we're unsuccessful when they both received bludgars to the gut by Fred and George. Even Nott, made a lousy attempt at a tackle, which Aurora knew was on purpose and easily avoided.

Alarm bells rang out in Aurora head when she heard Blaise call out for the person tailing her.

"Malfoy what are you doing! Get the snitch!,"he called.

But Aurora knew he was still behind her. She pushed forward, successfully dodging other Slytherin team members. He was almost alongside her now. The expression on his face, dark and sinister.

"Do I need to drug you again to get that quaffle,"Malfoy sniggered as they ripped through the air.

Aurora's throat tightened as she threw a backward glance at him.

"Not again Malfoy, not ever,"she said.

His expression darkened.

"You wish,"he said coldly as he retracted slightly away from her.

Aurora's eyes widened as she realised what he was going to do. He was on his way back towards her to deliver a hard shoulder, which would put her into the stands, when his voice rang out in her ears.

"Move Jenkins now."

She didn't even look around to find him, she just pushed upward. The next thing she saw was Nott hurtling toward Malfoy, hitting him with such force, one wouldn't be surprised if Malfoy's entire shoulder was shattered.