Chapter 37

MATURE CONTENT IN THIS CHAPTER.

Weeks had past and Christmas was near. Aurora and Theo had spent the time getting even more inseparable. Aurora continuously took advantage of his skilled hands and body, but not once had he let her touch him. It was strange, but Aurora thought it best not to force anything. Any free time they stumbled upon, they spent it together.

They had developed a connection so strong they craved each other's presence. Like every other person was irrelevant once they had each other. Surprisingly, the twins hadn't asked about Nott since their last argument. They truly had taken her word that they were just acquaintances, perhaps even friends, and Aurora thought it best to keep them in the dark, as she feared the light would bring punishing consequences.

Sirius had only written one or twice more, and his letters always said the same things. To keep an eye on the Slytherin protégés, mainly Nott and Malfoy. But Aurora had done her best to keep Nott out of the line of fire, which hadn't been easy. Her and Harry spent many nights conversing over things. How they thought things would play out.

Aurora had began to spend more and more time with Harry since she received a letter from Sirius shortly after the attack on Arthur Weasley, telling her the Order had decided that until further notice she would be Harry's guardian of sorts, as her magic alone was exceptionally powerful and best suited to protect Harry. The letter took her completely by surprise. She was thankful for it none the less and grateful for the compliment and respect for her magic.

After all, Aurora did have the type of rare, powerful magic nobody had seen in years. Dumbledore even said so back in second year when she basically grounded an entire Slytherin quidditch team and their supporters without so much as waving her wand at them. All she needed was an emotion or feeling to draw from. Once she had that, she barely ever needed her wand.

The festive plans had taken her mind off things. She was due to apparate to 12 Grimmauld Place in a day, with the Weasleys and Harry of course. Although she was only staying for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and the day after, she was extremely excited.

The common room was almost empty, give or take a few students that remained. Aurora sat on the couch as she watched Fred and George play chess. Things with the twins had been relatively peaceful, and she wanted to keep it that way.

"Check mate, loser,"Fred scolded from his place on the floor.

George grunted in disappointment. 

"Shove off you git. You probably cheated anyway,"he spat before viciously knocking over a number of figurines across the board.

Fred chuckled at his brother, along with Aurora, who was also giggling at George from behind her book.

"I don't know what you're both laughing at, but it better not be me,"George warned.

This sent Aurora over the edge, Fred too.

"Oooo big scary George Weasley! Better not be laughing at him,"she mocked, causing Fred to burst into laughter.

George rolled his eyes.

"Shove off. Fred, are you meeting Angelina before we leave tomorrow?,"he asked.

Fred cleared his throat nervously.

"Ehm, we sort of had a fight so, I don't really know where we stand if I'm honest,"he said lowly.

This wasn't an irregular occurrence. Fred and Angelina always fought, but they also always got back together. So Aurora and George had learned to just be there for Fred until things cooled off and returned to normal. To them, it was a well rehearsed routine at this stage.