Chapter 14

Aurora turned over in her bed, as she had many times during the night, only to be blinded by the sun that was spilling in the windows of her dorm.

She groaned in response, and then rubbed her eyes in a lousy attempt to wake herself up.

"Today is the day Monty,"she said to her black cat that was perched on the seat beside her bed.

The cat simply meowed in response, as he usually did.

"Today is the day,"she repeated, more to herself than anyone else.

While getting dressed, Aurora felt the dread of seeing the twins set into her system. She was still pissed off with them after she heard what they had said about her new friendship with Nott.

After thinking about it for most of the night, morning and not to mention the time it took her to get ready, Aurora decided she wasn't going to speak to them.

Not until the match at least. She wasn't going to let a fight with them ruin Gryffindor's chances of beating Slytherin.

She pulled her bag over her shoulder and made her way downstairs, to where the twins were patiently waiting for her. As they always did.

Taking a deep breath, Aurora held her head high and walked straight past the two boys. Not even looking at either of them.

Fred and George both gave each other concerned looks before grabbing their stuff and trundling out of the common room after their best friend.

"Rory—wait would you!,"Fred called.

"Yeah Rory, wait!,"George added.

But she kept walking towards the Great Hall for breakfast, where she knew Ginny would be.

"What's up with her mate?,"George asked Fred as they stopped for a moment.

"Dunno,"Fred huffed as they trailed after her once more.

Aurora entered the hall and strode over to where the two youngest Weasleys were currently sat with Harry and Hermione.

"Morning guys,"Aurora said as her got her bowl of porridge from the large pot on the table.

"Morning Rory,"Ginny said back with a smile, which dropped when she noticed her two brothers.

Fred and George, who had since followed Aurora into the Hall, now stood behind her, gazing at her utterly confused.

"Rory?,"the both asked, but they got no answer.

Awkward glances were exchanged around the table.

Aurora's silent treatment for the twins resulted in the casting of a deadly silence over the group.

The only sound emitted from the table was that of spoons banging off of bowls.

That was, of course,  before the twins sat down on either side of Aurora. Their eyes pleading with her to look at either of them, which she didn't.

She didn't even look up from her bowl.

She kept picking at the berries which she had carelessly tossed on top of her usual bowl of porridge.

Pick pick pick.

Clank clank clank.

"You okay Rory?,"Harry asked from his place across the table.

It was then, that Aurora lifted her head from her bowl.

To flash Harry a tight lipped smile.

"Yeah, I'm all good, thanks Harry,"she chirped.