Chapter 17

They walked arm in arm until they came to the sideline of the pitch, positively out of sight of anyone who was currently partying in the middle.

"Right then,"Aurora said, detaching herself from Theo.

"Right, let's go then,"he said as he began to walk over toward the crowd.

Aurora stayed put.

"Nott?,"she called.

He turned instantly.

"Jenkins?,"he replied, eyebrows raised questioningly.

"You're sure about this then?,"she asked.

He stood still for a moment before he began to stride over toward her. Tenderly he raised a hand to the side of her face, dragging his index finger gently over her cheekbone.

"They deserve it for what they wanted to do to you. Now, are we going to show them not to fuck with you, or not?,"he asked, his language and the dark look in his eyes contradicting his gentle actions completely.

Aurora tingled at his words and at the feeling of his hand on her cheek. She sighed lightly before speaking.

"Let's go then,"she said with a grin.

••••••••••

"Do you reckon she's alright? Will I just run up and check? It won't take five minutes,"Fred asked while pacing forward and back.

George stood up eagerly and nodded.

"Agreed mate, I'll go too. Just to be sure,"he said while patting his brother on the back.

Both boys turned to leave but they were immediately stopped by the voice of Hermione Granger.

"No need boys, she's here,"she said while pointing over into the darkness.

The twins whipped their heads to the subjects of Hermione's pointing, and their fists balled at their sides at the sight. There she was, with him. Side by side, strolling over. They could nearly visualise the smug grin that was probably plastered on Nott's face at that moment.

But they kept watching, and they were wrong. He didn't have any smug grin on his face. In fact, his eyes were glued to something behind the fire. George let his gaze follow Theo's until he reached Adrian Pucey.

George knew how to give a spiteful look, but Merlin, he'd never seen one like this. He watched as the boy next to his bestfriend eyed down his housemate with a withering glare as he approached the gathering. He turned to Fred and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Why is he—,"George started.

"Staring at Pucey like that? I was thinking the exact same thing,"Fred said cutting him off.

Both boys let their eyes drag to Aurora, who was already looking at them. She raised her eyebrows in a form of greeting and and twins nodded back eagerly.

Aurora turned and stood in front of Nott, blocking his view of Pucey almost entirely.

"Better go over,"she said as she nodded her head in the direction of her friends.

"You better. Malfoy and the others will be arriving soon, then it's show time."

"Perfect, talk to you in a few minutes then."

"Hmm don't know, I'm quite fed up of your company honestly,"Nott said with a grin.

Aurora gave a deep sigh of relief.

"Oh thank Merlin! I thought it was just me,"she said while clutching her chest sarcastically.

Nott scoffed lightly before turning Aurora around by her shoulders and leaning down to her ear.