Chapter 20

He led her to the Astronomy Tower, where they had been mere hours ago. He pushed the heavy wooden door open. Stepping inside, he held it open for her to come through. Yet Aurora stood at the door threshold, hesitant.

She was overthinking in every possible way and form. Who could blame her, she had been drugged and had no recollection of what she had done or didn't do. Her mind ran to the twins and what happened with them, and then onto if anything happened with Nott would that ruin the comfortable situation the two had formed between them.

"Stop worrying, I'll tell you everything. Come in,"he said, gesturing his hand to inside the Astronomy tower.

Aurora took a deep breath, and proceeded to step inside. She stood still as she heard Nott close the door behind her. She felt him behind her, watching her intently.

The world seemed to still, as she stood there looking out at that view. Despite all the chaos she couldn't help but notice the calming effect the boy behind her seemed to have.

She felt his hand move behind her, and a moment or two later, two green leathered couches facing each other appeared in the middle of the room.

"After you,"Nott said lowly.

Yet, her feet wouldn't move. She was frozen. She felt that familiar hammering in her chest fight to make its return. Not to mention the way her throat threatened to re-tighten in panic.

Amidst her struggle to stay calm, Aurora almost forgot he was still behind her. That was until she felt his arms rise to clasp her forearms tenderly. Next, he rested his chin atop her head, still having the bend down slightly due to the stark height difference. His thumbs began to gently stroke up and down her arms in an attempt to calm her.

"You're okay Jenkins. I promise."

Those five words were like a pleasant tune to her ears. Aurora took a deep breath and felt herself almost sink back into him. She couldn't deny how good his presence felt behind her. His usual smell of firewhiskey mixed with his cologne filled her nostrils, and she breathed in again.

"Nott what did I do?,"she sighed, closing her eyes.

He sighed too. And deeply.

"Sit,"he commanded.

And, this time, her feet moved her forward without hesitation. One in front of the other, step by step. She slumped back into the couch, tucking a leg beneath herself.

He did the same, he sat into the armchair but his elbows remained on his knees as sat up straight. Aurora watched as a table appeared between them, and on it resided a bottle of Firewhiskey and two glasses. He reached forward and plucked the bottle from the table.

Uncorking it with ease, Nott raised the bottle to his lips and took a generous swig. Without wincing at the flavour he then proceeded to pour a small portion of the liquid into each glass.

Aurora's eyes lingered on how large his hand looked around the small glass filled with Firewhiskey he was currently offering her.

"Oh, thank you,"she said, leaning forward to take it from him.

Then he sat back, as if he just needed something to take the edge off. She watched as his legs spread wide while he collapsed back into the chair. He pinched the bridge of his nose before he spoke.

"I'm presuming you just want to know the general outline of what happened? The details are just........,"he said as his cheeks visibly reddened.

"Important, they're important,"Aurora said, cutting him off.

He looked her dead in the eyes, as if he feared what she would think of said details. Knowing the next few minutes we're probably not going to be the easiest to endure, Aurora mimicked Nott and plucked the bottle from the table.