Chapter 11

The halls were always desolate at this time of night. A cold breeze swept through them effortlessly, resulting in a light howling noise that ripped through the shadowed corridors.

The sound of footsteps could be heard.

Two sets of footsteps to be exact.

Had he not heard them so soon, Theo would be currently face to face with the owners of these footsteps. He listened intently with his back pinned up against one of the corridors many pillars.

As he had already predicted, the Weasley twins were following Aurora on her little night-time excursion to meet with him. He knew they couldn't resist. Let her actually go somewhere by herself without their supervision? How unlike them.

Leaning against the pillar, trying not to be seen, Nott listened as the two boys began to speak from somewhere behind him down the corridor. Their slow footsteps indicating they didn't want Aurora to know they had followed her.

"A music box? Seems odd don't you think Freddie?,"George said.

"Yeah mate, I was going to say it. I mean it's a nice thing to do and I know Rory does those type of things all the time but I don't know, it's just weird,"Fred said.

"My thoughts exactly! I mean, did you hear what she said at the meeting?,"George asked.

There was a pause as Theo imagined Fred was probably in thought of an answer.

"Ohhhhh! About the main chaser thing, I'm so happy for her mate she really needed it. She has been a bit down about quidditch lately but that will definitely sort it out,"Fred exclaimed proudly.

So shes been a bit down about quidditch.

Noted.

And she's playing Main Chaser.

Interesting.

"No you blithering idiot! About Nott, how she knew he wouldn't be playing beater like the rest of us predicted,"George clipped.

She knew I wouldn't be playing beater?

Even more interesting.

Theo couldn't help as a smug grin unconsciously spread across his face at the thought of Aurora remembering a minute detail he had only said in passing once or twice.  Not to mention the confused looks that must have been on the twins faces when she had said it.

"Oh, yeah. That was a bit strange too,"Fred said lowly.

Their footsteps were near him now. Nearly beside him. Theo pushed himself against the wall as far as he could to stay out of sight.

"I don't like this whole Nott situation Fred,"George huffed.

"Why's that?."

"We aren't being told everything, I know it."

And as George finished his sentence, the two redheads came into Theo's line of sight. They strolled past and took the left turn towards the Prefects bathroom.

He looked out at the large clock that featured on the side of the Astronomy Tower.

Quarter past nine.