Chapter 4

Aurora and the twins joined the other Gryffindors out by the quidditch pitch. Friday night get-togethers were the usual occasion of a Friday night. A few Hufflepuffs joined too, some Ravenclaws too, but it was most unusual that any Slytherin would show up.

A fire was ablaze in the centre of the crowd of roughly 15 or 20 twenty people. Different social circles conversed and laughter could be heard from all the different groups. A few benches were pulled around the fire to act as seats. On one of these benches sat Fred and George, sharing the weight of Aurora with a knee each.

She giggled as they told jokes and stories with a few of their friends, Lee Jordan, Angelina Johnson, Katie Bell and Oliver Wood. They talked about quidditch and their upcoming match against Slytherin. Tensions had been high between the two houses, even more than usual, as a result of the match. Aurora's uncertain time of return to the quidditch pitch was a main topic of conversation.

"I swear Jenkins, if you're ass isn't back on a broomstick by the time that match comes around, I'll stick you on one myself," Angelina giggled.

"Not before I do it myself, respectfully of course," Wood blushed slightly.

"Would you all stop it! You're well capable of beating those idiots without me,"Aurora protested.

Upon making this statement, Aurora felt the twins lean forward to her ears.

"Stop being so modest would you?" Fred said.

"Yeah, we need you!," George agreed.

"They're right Rory!," Katie giggled.

She was about to give the twins a smart answer when she noticed eight people making their way across the field towards where her and her friends were seated.

"Who's that?" Fred asked.

"No idea, can't make them out in this darkness," Wood said narrowing his eyes.

"It's them," Katie Bell stated, deadpan.

All of the group turned to look at her. Waiting for her to finish her statement. Katie was about to open her mouth when a Ravenclaw a group over spoke up.

"Why are the Slytherins here?"

Aurora could now make out the group coming towards them. Malfoy and his goons along with their little girlfriends and...... and him.

Theo strutted alongside Blaise, cigarette in his hand. She gazed at the oncoming posse in awe. The were a powerful looking friendgroup she had to admit.

She felt the twins tense beneath her. Wood gazed at the group of Slytherins with a stern look plastered on his face.

Then the realisation hit her like the Hogwarts Express. She had told Nott about the occasion currently unfolding around her.

Shit shit shit shit! Why was he here?! Did he not think he and his friends were above this type of thing! She wracked her whiskey tinted brain for answers. Stupid stupid stupid!

"Why do you reckon they're here?," Fred asked his twin.

Before George could answer, Aurora spoke.

"Because I told Nott about tonight."

"What! Why would you do that?" George whispered.

"I don't know I didn't invite him really I just told him I was going out after our study date."

"Thought you said it wasn't a date," Fred teased.

"Oh Fred do shut up. Unless you haven't I noticed I've had quite the bit of Firewhiskey compared to you two!" She snapped.