Chapter 8

Fluttering her eyes open for the second time since she initially went to sleep, Aurora was glad to see actual sunlight pouring in her windows. The sound of Hermione's light snoring filled the room. There were towels and clothes thrown around the dormitory since last nights trip to the lake.

The lake.

That.

Aurora's thoughts drifted mindlessly to their little exhibition. To when she was mid drowning competition with George and Fred when he decided to make an appearance.

Coming out of the trees, all dark and brooding. Oh but how he looked down at her from his place on the shoreline.

Head tilted and eyebrows slightly raised questioningly. Next he dragged his dark gaze down her neck and collarbone. Then venturing down her chest, exploring the cleavage the black swimsuit allowed her to have on show. Next was her thighs, he gazed at the two limbs hungrily until he realised they were wrapped around Fred Weasley. In this realisation, his gaze faltered slightly. It seemed to switch to a more menacing expression.
Jealousy? Surely not.
Then finally his eyes back up to meet her own. Cold yet hungry at the same time .

In that moment, Aurora felt the need to explain to him why she was there. Why she was on top of Fred. The moment she laid eyes on him she wanted to get off Fred, but his hands locking her legs in place restricted her movements. She didn't know why she felt she owed him an explanation. It was a deep feeling in her gut she couldn't explain, accompanied by a small voice in her head.

Get off Fred.

Tell him why you're here.

She snapped out of it once she too switched that same switch back into place.

What are you on about? You don't owe him anything. No explanations at all. You barely know him. You're being extremely stupid if you think you do. He's not jealous of Fred. He doesn't even see you that way.

But why was he looking at me like that? And Fred?

Ginny crawling in next to her snapped Aurora out of her thoughts. The ginger girl shimmied in beside her and laid her head on her shoulder before yawning quietly.

"Morning Rory,"she said sleepily.

Rory smiled softly at the girl. Ginny had been like a sister to Aurora ever since she became friends with the twins. They talked about everything from boys, to clothes, to spells, to quidditch. Rory had noticed the small glances the youngest Weasley seemed to be throwing in the direction of a mutual friend of theirs.

Harry James Potter.

She had asked Ginny about this little observation and Ginny explained her feelings toward Harry instantly. After all, Aurora was like an older sister to her. Little did Ginny know, Harry had also spoken to Aurora about Ginny. Aurora being one of two people who weren't one of Ginny's brothers. He too revealed he harboured similar feelings for Ginny.

Since then, Aurora began to notice the small glances, soft flirting (that only Aurora would notice) and their undying need to help and protect the other. It was beautiful. Natural. Right.

They were perfect for each other.

"Rory?,"Ginny said yawning yet again.

"Yeah Gin?,"she replied.

"Can I ask you a question?,"Ginny said seriously, her unusual tone catching Aurora slightly off guard.

"Of course Gin. Shoot."

Ginny took a deep breath before speaking.

"You and me don't keep secrets Rory. We never have. That's why I hope you know you can tell me anything. I know what I've seen and I'm just curious as to why you haven't said it to me already but I'm going to ask you now anyway,"she babbled.