Chapter 27

She felt guilty.

Torn.

It was an awful feeling. Like she owed one half of herself to the twins and the other half to Nott. She knew that if anything were to happen with Theo, it would have implications with the twins. But the thought of losing Nott, that had developed its own implications too.

Aurora's head ran from thought to thought on her journey back to Gryffindor tower. Her head was so consumed, she had nearly forgotten that they had won the game. If not for the "good game Jenkins" and "well done today" comments that she received from the many smiling faces she met in the halls, she probably would have forgotten completely.

She made her way up the staircase and was greeted by the portrait of the Fat Lady.

"Aurora dear, well done today!,"the lady congratulated.

Aurora smiled back at her.

"Thank you lady, I presume celebrations are already well underway?,"Aurora asked.

"They are indeed. Head right in,"the lady responded and the wall cracked open.

Stepping through Aurora could already hear the chanting and cheering from inside the common room. The first sight she laid eyes on was the twins lifting Harry up on their shoulders and carrying him around the room. Oliver Wood had both his arms slung over Katie Bell and Angelina, and Hermione and Ron were giggling at the things going on around them. Wood was the first to notice Aurora's presence.

THERE SHE IS!,"he bellowed.

All heads turned to Aurora, and upon seeing her the room broke into even more cheers and chants. After practically dropping Harry, the twins rushed over and almost suffocated her with a hug. Out of the corner of her eye, Aurora could see Ginny and the trio eyeing them in confusion. To clear things up, Aurora made a thumbs up signal to Ginny, and in response the red headed witch let out, what looked like, an overdue sigh of relief along with a wide smile.

She pulled out of the hug and looked up at her two friends.

"I'm only here to change my clothes. Nott is in the hospital wing, and I think I owe it to him to stay with him for a bit,"she said, nervous to what their response would be.

George and Fred both eyed her for a moment or two before giving each other one final look.

"Fair enough, he did take that bludgar for you I guess,"Fred announced.

George remained quiet.

"Alrighty, I presume there's a party in planning?,"Aurora asked as an attempt to lift the mood.

"You're bloody well right there is. That along with the absolute RAGER we're having later!,"Wood interrupted their conversation.

Aurora laughed at the overjoyed boy.

"Perfect, I'll be back in a bit then,"Aurora said before she left them and made her way through the crowd and up towards her dorm.

Fred noticed his brothers silence.

"What's up with you?,"he asked him.

"Surprised she's willing to miss out on this to spend time with him, that's all,"George responded curtly.

"George, the lad took a bloody bludgar for her. After all, it was a bludgar that me or you should have blocked. If it were me, I'd feel the need to do the same,"Fred said.

George nodded.

"Suppose you're right,"he said.

Fred clapped his hand onto his twins back.