Chapter 49

"Morning,"two deep voices hummed.

Aurora's eyes fluttered open to see Fred and George hovering over her. She jumped slightly and grasped her bedsheets around her.

"Merlin do you mind? Scared me half to death,"she said, rubbing her eyes as a lousy attempt to wake herself up.

They both sniggered.

"Ooooo, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed,"George cooed patting her on the head.

Aurora swatted him away.

"Haha, hilarious. What's up?,"she asked as she dragged herself from the bed.

"Nothing, just wanted to wake you up early so we can enjoy your last day before you go to your Dad's,"Fred said.

Ah yes. That. Every summer since she was younger, Aurora spent the most of June and the start of July with the Weasleys, then two weeks with her father, then back to the Weasleys. It was a tradition that had never broken since her mother died.

"Thanks for the reminder,"she grumbled.

Fred and George shared a knowing look. It was only two weeks, but they knew she hated it. Her father was a cold man, since her mother's death he was never the same. Since then, he spent as little time with his daughter as possible. The twins knew it was because Aurora was the spitting image of her mother, Arthur and Molly always said it.

"Sorry. So what do you want to do today?,"George said, changing the subject.

Aurora shrugged.

"Don't mind to be honest,"she said as she dressed her bed, since his moving out Aurora had taken up Charlie's room.

"Wellllllll, how about a trip to Diagon. Get ice cream and then go for a few butter beers in the Leaky Cauldron. Maybe even Firewhiskey if we're feeling brave,"Fred said as he slung an arm over her shoulder.

Aurora sighed and a smile creeped onto her features.

"Sounds good to me. Let me get dressed and I'll be down then,"she said.

George clapped his hands together.

"Right then, come on Fred. See you downstairs,"he said.

The two boys exited her room and Aurora was left alone. She walked over to her dressed and pulled at the bottom drawer to retrieve her hair bush. Under the brush, lay the letters Nott had sent her since they left Hogwarts. She had yet to see him. But she knew her father always left her alone for a few days within her two week stay at his house, so she planned on asking Theo to stay for a night or two.

Smiling as she traced her fingers over the letter, the concept of the stay at her fathers immediately became more appealing if she got to see him. Grabbing a quill and parchment, Aurora set to scribbling.

Hello you,

I'm going to dads tonight. My owl has the address, if you need it. I miss you and I was thinking, I'd love it if you came to stay for a night or two while Dad is away. I'd be by myself anyway and it would certainly break the two weeks.

Let me know.

-A x

She handed the sealed letter to her owl and watched it fly off into the sky. Pulling on some clothes, Aurora readied herself and headed downstairs where the two boys were waiting for her.

"Morning everyone,"she said to the clan of redheads gathered around the table, except for Harry of course, who stood out like a sore thumb.

Mumbles of goodmornings could be heard as they all ate the breakfast Molly had prepared.