Chapter 31

Entering her dorm, Aurora waltzed in and collapsed onto her bed. She felt drunk, but not because of the small portion of alcohol she had consumed over the course of thr evening. No, this type of drunk was different. She was drunk on happiness. He had kissed her. They had kissed.

And in that moment, she wanted to do a lot more than kiss. But what he had said about taking things slow melted her heart. She couldn't suppress the never-ending urge to smile. How he had made her feel, the things he said. It made her head swirl.

The opening latch of her bedroom door caused Aurora to shoot up onto her feet. She watched as George stumbled into the room, drunker than he had been.

"Aha! There you are!,"he said with a sense of triumph.

Aurora looked at him confused. He tried to have a go at her the last time he saw her, and now he was excited to see her?

"George, what are you doing?,"Aurora said sternly, hoping her forced tone of annoyance came through.

But to George's ears, her sharp tone might as well have taken a walk all over the grounds of Hogwarts.

"Rory, can we talk please?,"he slurred as he advanced toward her.

Aurora's brows knitted even more.

"Yeah George but why—,"Aurora began.

Her words were silenced by two large arms wrapping around her shoulders tightly.

"Sssshhhh, just listen, just listen,"he started as he swayed her slightly in their embrace.

"I'm so sorry Rory. For what I said about you and Nott and you having the hots for him. It was so so so wrong. I love you Rory. And, not in that way but in the type of way that I respect you enough to let you make your own decisions but at the same time trying to steer you away fr-from people that could hurt you. People like him. Like Nott. That's all. And I'm sorry for getting in-involved I really am. I should believe you and I do. I promise Rory, I do,"he rambled.

As much as her heart had filled with joy and happiness within the last hour, in that moment, it broke just as quickly. She stood there motionless, speechless, as her bestfriend apologised for theories he had about her and Nott and how he thought he was wrong. Aurora cringed internally. She knew she couldn't tell him but the current pull she felt in her chest wasn't making it easy.

"It's fine George. Don't give it another thought. Okay?,"she said with a forced smile.

George pulled away and shot her a smile, but his eyes were full of disbelief.

"That's it? You're sure?,"he slurred.

Aurora nodded quickly.

"Certain,"she said.

George nodded to himself.

"Alrighty then. I'm going back for another drink. You coming?,"he said.

"No thanks, I'm good for the night,"she said gesturing to her bed.

George nodded.

"See you soon then,"he said, before drunkenly sauntering out of her room, neglecting to close the door.

Aurora took a deep breath before closing the door. She readied herself for bed and took as long as possible because she knew once she was still her thoughts would continue to torture her more than they were already.

What was she going to tell the twins?

What was she going to do about Nott?

Did it happen?