Chapter 41

"So Draco ended up sleeping with Astoria, even though he's with Pansy and she's with Blaise?,"Aurora said with her mouth hanging open in disbelief.

Theo shrugged and chuckled.

"More or less yeah. Draco doesn't, and never will care about Pansy. All the years the girl has put up with him, and what does she have to show for it?,"he said pessimistically.

They were out by the lake in their usual spot on the rock overlooking the water. They both sat back against the rock as the moon glistened on the calm water front and the cold breeze hardened their cheeks.

"I couldn't do that. I remember I was with Kevin Kirkwin for a small while in fourth year in the hopes he'd bring me to the Christmas Ball, and the second he wouldn't buy me a chocolate frog, I was done,"Aurora said.

Theo turned to look at her.

"Harsh,"he said casually.

Aurora rolled her eyes.

"And how many girls have you led on?,"she asked, her eyebrow quirked.

"Lost count to be honest. You'd better watch your back,"he said lowly.

Aurora shot him a look before her face settled into a terrifyingly blank expression.

"Perhaps it's you who's being led on."

He knew she was being sarcastic, but the thought of someone else with their hands on her instead of his enraged him.

"Suppose you'd shack up with one of the Weasels then,"he said, turning back to look at the water.

Aurora knew what this was, she had hit a nerve.

"True, more than likely George,"she said casually, waiting for a reaction.

A couple of seconds passed before he reached over and pulled her onto his lap so she straddled him.

"I'd chop his hands off,"he said, trailing her sides with his hands.

Aurora giggled.

"Wouldn't doubt it for a second,"she said with a roll of her eyes.

Theo looked at her seriously.

"Would you ever actually go there with one of them?,"he asked as he tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear.

Aurora almost burst into a fit of laughter at the idea.

"For fuck sake Theo, no. No I wouldn't,"she said, still giggling.

He nestled his head in the crook of her neck and began to plant light kisses along her collar bone.

"Good, I'm so much better in bed anyway,"he mumbled.

That particular thought had been in Aurora's head for weeks. She wanted to wait, get it right, test the waters so to speak. And the waters had proven to be delicious. He was like a drug to her. And both of them could hardly keep their hands off each other. Let alone the addiction they both had for the others presence.

"As I said, I don't doubt it,"she confirmed.

Theo retracted to look at her.

"How was Christmas?,"he asked, gazing up at her with his beautiful brown eyes.

Aurora could get lost in those eyes.

"The usual, how about you?,"she asked.

His face sank for a moment.

"Utterly splendid,"he said.

Aurora cocked her head to the side and gently stroked his cheek with her thumb.