Chapter 57

"Severus, don't hide this from me. I know what has been bestowed upon the Malfoy boy,"Dumbledore said.

Snape was pacing the room.

"Malfoy? Malfoy hasn't even managed to fix the cabinet they intend on using yet! He can barely transport a bird. Why are you doing nothing here, when you know what's about to happen!,"he bellowed.

Dumbledore sighed gently.

"Severus, I don't need to tell you what's coming. His plan is in motion. He has infiltrated this castle already. I know the Malfoy boy...,"he began.

"It's not Malfoy I'm worried about. Boy doesn't have the spine for it,"Snape hissed.

"You're referring to Theodore Nott I assume,"he said lowly.

Snape nodded.

"Lucius is a peacock. But, Dorian is not one to be messed with. Nott is dangerous if he decides he wants to become just like his father,"Snape said.

"Yet, I don't believe he will,"Albus said toying with his beard.

"And why is that? How do you know that he won't turn? He already has Albus. He's branded, just as I am. He's one of them, just as I am,"he protested.

"Exactly Severus. I believe Theodore Nott could be exactly like you...........,"he said slowly.

Snape's eyes widened.

"You want to use him as a chess piece? To move him across the board from our side to His and back and forth and back again!? You'll get the boy killed, you don't know where his loyalties lie!,"he said, placing both hands on the desk.

"His loyalties lie with a certain member of Gryffindor house, and have for quite sometime now. I didn't have you seat them together in Potions for nothing Severus,"Dumbledore said.

"Aurora Jenkins? That's your plan? And what makes you think this bond they have isn't just a fleeting teenage involvement?,"he questioned.

"Because, I've seen the like of it before,"Dumbledore said, shooting Snape a knowing look.

"I want you to monitor Slughorn's dinner. I'm going away for a while, and I need you to tell Harry and Aurora. Can you do that?,"he asked.

Without even answering, Snape cursed under his breath and swept out of the room.

•••••••

"I'll see you lot for Divination!,"Aurora shouted at Fred and George as she walked off down the corridor.

She quickly made her way down to the Forbidden Forrest. It was quiet, almost to an eerie degree, but beautiful none the less. She strolled through the trees until she saw him.

"You look tired again,"she said.

Aurora was referring to the dark circles that resided under his eyes, one's that had taken up residency there for the past week. He was paler than he was a few months ago, skinnier even.

"I was up all night putting new curses on the cabinet for Malfoy to break this evening, hopefully it'll take the twat a day or two,"he said as he smiled weakly.

"Theo......,"she started.

"Oh don't, it's fine. The longer I keep this up, the longer I'm delaying the alternative. Besides, it's a lot better from the alternative. Draco-he will figure it out. I have faith he's not that stupid.......,"he babbled as he wrapped his arms around her.