Chapter 16

"Tonight's the night Pucey,"Draco said as he crossed his ankle over his knee.

Adrian copied the blondes action once he sat down on one of the other common room couches. The room was empty, leaving the two boys alone with their scheming.

"Tonight is the night,"Draco repeated.

"It's going to be bloody brilliant,"Pucey said with a sinister grin.

"Agreed, that little Gryffindor wench isn't going to know what hit her. Not to mention the aftermath of it all,"Draco sneered.

"Well,let's just say, the twins will be out for blood,"Pucey said seriously.

"Yes, well, we'll have to see how tonight pans out. I expect it to be a wonderful evening,"Draco said mockingly.

"Certainly,"Pucey agreed.

Draco slapped his knee, before standing up.

"Right then, I'm off to rendezvous with Parkinson. I'm presuming you have what we need for tonight, yes?,"Draco asked Adrian.

"I do indeed,"Pucey answered while producing a small vial from his pocket and holding it up so that Malfoy could see.

"Splendid, I'll see you later at the meet-up,"Draco said as he began to walk away,"and Pucey? Don't loose that or I'll hex you into oblivion."

Pucey shifted in his seat uncomfortably, knowing Malfoy would most certainly carry through with that promise if he lost the potion.

"Of course Malfoy,"he said quietly.

"Right then, see you later,"the blonde called as he exited the common room.

Pucey sat back into the couch, finally able to relax due to the absence of Malfoy. Being his inferior wasn't always as easy as it seemed, even though Adrian himself was equally as cruel and sinister as the blonde.

He reached into his pocket and, once again, produced the same small vial. He looked at it in his hand.

Such a tiny amount of liquid.

He thought of all the chaos it would cause if the evening turned out how he and Malfoy intended.

And he, personally,  couldn't wait.

                                 ••••••••••

"Seriously Mione, I'll see you all there,"Aurora said as she shoved her potions textbook into her bag.

She knew she wouldn't be opening it, as she and Nott had already planned to work out the logistics of tonight instead of actually studying the subject, but she needed the others to think she was simply tutoring Nott.

Nothing more, nothing less.

It was more to convince herself it didn't mean anything rather than anyone else but she pushed that thought away for now.

"I know Rory but are you sure you don't want me to meet you somewhere and walk down with you or—,"Hermione started.

"Not at all, I'll be fine. Seriously,"Aurora said, causing Hermione to stop mid-sentence.

Hermione looked to Harry and Ron for backup, but they both just shrugged their shoulders.

"Okay, well, send a Patronus if you need anything. And I mean anything,"Hermione warned.