Chapter 35

"We told you, you'd regret what you did to her,"George said as he faced a broken nosed Malfoy.

"And here you are, more than likely regretting,"Fred said as he held Malfoy by the collar.

Draco smirked dangerously.

"Little whore deserved what she got. Showed her true colours in my opinion,"he sniggered.

As the words left his mouth, Fred's fist met with his cheek with a deafening smacking sound. Draco dropped to the floor, but rose again, still wearing the same smirk.

"What is it with you two? Do you both take turns or something? Annoyed her attention is, shall we say, elsewhere at the moment?,"the blonde taunted.

George and Fred shared a quick glance at one another as they stood and waited for Malfoy to continue.

"You can't tell me you haven't noticed her recent fondness of one of my dearest friends?,"he said sharply.

George shook his head and Fred laughed.

"You've got that all wrong Ferret, they're friends. Unlike you and most of your cronies,"George replied, Fred nodding beside him.

Malfoy laughed and shook his head, the sound echoing down the desolate hallway the three were currently stood in.

"Friends you say? That's a new term for it,"he said.

Before another taunting word could leave his mouth, George had Malfoy upright against the wall of the corridor.

"Listen to me, and listen carefully. Your poisonous words don't mean a thing to me or Fred. The point we wanted ti make was that should you ever touch her again, this exact punishment will befall you, and I think we've made that point clear as day. Would you agree?,"he said calmly to the blonde.

Draco gulped at his words. Although he viewed the twins as his inferiors, the punches they packed weren't good for his bone structure. So, he nodded quickly at George's words.

"Fine. I won't touch her. Although I can't make the same promise for Nott,"he said with a slight smirk.

Fred took a step forward and grabbed his collar.

"Get out of our sight before we beat you so badly you won't even recognise your ugly mug in the mirror,"he threatened and fear filled Draco's eyes.

The two watched as the boy practically sprinted down the corridor away from them. They had always been a feared duo, and the feeling never got How in y

"Nice one Freddie,"Georgebk b said as he clapped his brother over the back.

Fred bowed his head and laughed.

"Hopefully he doesn't go straight to Snape. I seriously doubt Mum would tolerate another letter home,"Fred joked, causing his brother to laugh.

"He'd be stupid. But I can't disagree, Mum would go mental. And Rory too,"George said.

Fred rolled his eyes.

"Her proudness would get in the way of us defending her honour so nobly,"he said with a grin.

George shook his head and laughed.

"Couldn't have said it better myself. Let's go then, I believe there's a bottle of Firewhiskey with our names on it waiting for us back at the common room,"he said.

Fred closed his eyes and hummed lowly.

"Mhmm, indeed there better be,"he said before opening his eyes.

"Come on,"George said before slinging his arm over his brother and the pair embarked on their journey back to Gryffindor tower.

••••••••••