Chapter 18

A light whooshing sound and that familiar pull on her naval later, and Aurora was once again stood amidst the people at the gathering.

She looked around immediately and found Nott was already settling back into his seat beside Zabini and Riddle.

She turned to make her way back to the Gryffindors but she was stopped. Aurora almost fell over when she felt herself knock into something relatively larger than herself. As she felt herself fall, she braved for impact but a large hand that had found its way to her wrist stopped that from happening.

Aurora was winded badly and had it not been for the over the top snake jewellery and potent stench of a musky cologne emitting from her "saviour", she wouldn't have known who it was.

"Watch yourself Gryffindor. Lucky I'm here to catch you."

She looked up to meet his grey, cold eyes.

Malfoy.

"How can I express how grateful I am Malfoy,"Aurora seethed.

The sight of him smirking down at her turned her stomach, almost making her queezy.

"I could think of a—."

"I'll stop you right there Malfoy, thanks for the catch. I should be getting back now,"Aurora said, cutting the blonde off mid-sentence.

He scoffed lightly and stepped out of her way, gesturing for her to rejoin her friends.

"By all means, I know you're a woman in high demand. From almost all the houses here at Hogwarts,"he said with a sinister grin.

Aurora could feel her annoyance bubbling at his ignorant tone.

Little ferret, who does he think he is.

"Alright Malfoy, you're hilarious. Now if you will.....,"she said pointing at the twins.

"Of course, I'll see you later anyway,"he said.

Aurora glanced at him warily when she heard that sentence.

See you later?

Weird.

She brushed it off as she rejoined her familiar crowd by the fire. Malfoy's words stuck in her mind for an reason she was unsure of. She let herself drift out of the social setting, her mind elsewhere, occupied by a sense of dread. Why? She didn't know, that was the worst part.

"Here Jenkins,"Angelina said with a smile on her face.

Aurora glanced down at what the girl was holding. A cup. Without taking a second more to think about whether or not to take the drink, Aurora took the cup from the girl in front of her.

"Thanks Ang,"she said before lifting the cup to her lips.

"Oh Rory, have you seen Fred?,"Angelina asked, causing Aurora to lower the cup back down from her mouth.

Her brows furrowed as she thought of the whereabouts of said Weasley. She glanced around the gathering to find him talking to.......Susan Bones? She gathered they were probably talking about George.

"Over there Ang, taking to Susan,"Aurora said, pointing at the pair.

Angeline followed he finger and nodded eagerly.

"Perfect, thanks Rory."

Aurora gave Angelina a tight lipped smile as she walked off toward Fred and Susan.

Her focus then returned to the contents of her cup.

Surely there wouldn't be any action until everyone's had a few more drinks?