~sixteen~

The next day, early in morning, when not much people were awake, I went to Hospital Wing and visit Draco. I was very concerned about him. I couldn't talk to him when he was attacked by Buckbeak.  Madam Pomfrey gave him a medicine that made him fall asleep.

  "Madam Pomfrey, how is Draco? Is he going to be alright?" I asked as soon as entered that door.

  "He's fine, Miss Potter. He's just being dramatic. But tell your boyfriend next time to be careful how he acts." She said calmly but yet a bit annoyed.

  I nervously laughed. "He's not— he's not my boyfriend."

  "I think you shall tell yourself that. Only love makes you this worry for someone, sweetheart." She said, following by a silence. I looked down at my feet and she sighed. "He can leave when he wakes up. And think in what I just say."

  I had worked so hard in controlling my feelings for her to come and say that. Maybe I wasn't doing enough. Maybe ,and just maybe, Harry was right for the first time; I had to stay away from Draco. Just for some time. It wouldn't hurt me when hes with other girls, or would it? I always seem to control my heart. But with him I can't. He gives me love, anger, hope, sadness.

  I couldn't stay away from him. Not now. He needed me. I walked up to him and sat by his side. I watched how his stone grey eyes opened. "Emily?" He murmured.

  "Oh, Draco! Good heavens, you're awake." I said trying to not sound that worried, at all.

  "Yeah—"

  "What are you doing here, Potter?" I turned around to see Astria Greengrass' annoying face.

  "I could ask you the same thing. I'm his friend, on the other hand you are—"

  "His girlfriend." She happily said. I froze. My heart sunk into my stomach. There was a lump in my throat not letting me swallow correctly. My legs felt weak, I didn't know if I could believed in them. My eyes wanted to explot tears out. She won and I... lost.

FLASH BACK: THE END OF 2ND YEAR

  I was about to leave my room and go to the train, when I felt a hand grabbed my shoulder. I turned around to revealed Astoria.
  "What do you want." I asked.

  "You to stay away from my Draco." She said and crossed her arms.

  "Listen, girl. I'm not playing with you and your Draco obsession today." I turned but she grabbed me once again. I pulled away from her hand immediately.

  "No, you listen! I know you like him and that's why I want you away from him. You aren't ruining my plans. Draco will be mine." At this point she was very close to my face.

  I softened my face and gave her a smile. "We will see about that, Greengrass. We will see." I calmly said. Then I walked away taking off the fake smile.

END OF FLASHBACK

  I turned to Draco. "You... never told me you had a girlfriend."

  "I forgot. But it's not a big deal." He said looking at the both of us.

  "Of course it's a big deal, baby." I fake gagged at the name. "She's your best friend. You should've told her."

  "It's alright." I sighed. "Since your girlfriend is here, I'll go now." I said.
  In my way out I looked at Madam Pomfrey for a second. She gave me a sorrow look and lowered her head.

  I got out of there trying not to cry. "I won't cry. I won't cry. I won't cry." I kept saying.

  "Emily? Are you alright?" I heard Pansy's voice. She was with Blaise, Grabb and Goyle.

  "Agh! How couldn't you ask that?" I tear escaped my eye but I wiped it away.

  "What's wrong? Something happened to Draco?" Said Blaise.

  "I hope, but no." I took one step. "Oh. He's very busy right now. With his new girlfriend. If you boys don't mind having annoying Greenass in there, you can go on. But Pansy is coming with me." I grabbed Pansy's hand and rushed out of there.

  She didn't say a word into we got to the Common room, neither did I. "I'm... so sorry, Emily."

  "Why?" I said trying to keep calm.

  "Do not play dumb with me. I know you love him. That, since the first time I saw you two."

  "Correction! Loved him. He doesn't deserve anything more then pain."

  Did I actually ment thoes words? Did I wanted him to suffer so badly?
  If someone would asked my 15 year old self she would have said no because she was confused and deeply in love. Now, if someone asked her a few years after Hagwarts, she would have said yes, a little. But of cause the 15 year old me didn't know what was coming and she only hoped for the best to happen.