~two~

The next day we got to London with Hagrid. He took us to a place named Diagon Alley. We went to a bank named Grongotts Wizard's bank.
  We had all the books, a cauldron, a set glass, a telescope, and a set brass scale.  Harry checked the list and we just needed our wands and uniform. Hagrid told us to go to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions by ourselves because he had to so something.

  Madam Malkin was a squat, smiling witch dressed all in mauve.
  "Hogwarts, dears?" She asked both of us when Harry started to speak. "Got the lot here— a young man being fitted up just now, in fact."

  In the back of the shop, a cute boy with a pale, pointed face was standing on a footstool while a second witch pinned up his long black robes. Madam Malkin stood me on a stool next to him and Harry by my other side. She slipped a long robe over our heads and began to pin it to the right length.
The boy stared at me with sparkly eyes. When I noticed I looked down nervously and blushing.
  "Hello," said the boy, "Hogwarts too?"
  "Yes," Harry and I said.
  "My father's next door buying my books and Mother's up the street looking at wands," said the boy. He had a bored, drawling voice. "Then I'm going to drag them off to look at racing brooms. I don't see why first-years can't have their own. I think I'll bully Father into getting me one and I'll smuggle it in somehow. Have you got your own broom?"
  "No," said Harry
  "And you?" He looked at me and I picked up my head.
  "No," I said.
  "Play Quidditch at all?"
  "No," Harry and I said. I didn't even know what the bloody hell was Quidditch.

  "I do – Father says it's a crime if I'm not picked to play for my house, and I must say, I agree. Know what house you'll be in yet?"

  "No," Said Harry, feeling more stupid by the minute. I could see in his eyes that he was as lost as Alice in Wonderland.

  "Well, no one really knows until they get there, do they, but I know I'll be in Slytherin, all our family have been - imagine being in Hufflepuff, I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?"
  "Mmm," said Harry, wishing he coulds say something a bit more interesting. I didn't answer anymore the only thing that was in my mind was: Why does he talk so much.

  "I say, look at that man!" said the boy suddenly, nodding towards the front window.
  "That Hagrid," said Harry. "He works at Hogwarts."
  "Oh," he said. "I've heard of him. He's a sort of servant, isn't he?"
  "No. He's a gamekeeper." I said liking the boy less and less. Not going to lie I thought he was cute but the asshole personality ruined it all.

   "Yes, exactly. I heard he's a sort of savage - lives in a hut in the school grounds and every now and then he gets drunk, tries to do magic and ends up setting fire to his bed."
  "We think he's brilliant." Said Harry coldly.
  "Do you?" Said the boy. "Why is he with you two? Where are your parents?"
  "Dead." I said shortly and emotionless. Yes, it hurts that they are dead but I didn't want to get into the matter.
  "Oh, sorry." He said uncontrollably. "But they were our kind, weren't they?"
  "They were a witch that's what you mean." Harry asked.

  "I really don't think they should let the other sort in, do you?They're just not the same, they've never been brought up to know our ways. Some of them have never even heard of Hogwarts until they get the letter, imagine. I think they should keep it in the old wizarding families. What's your surname, anyway?"

  But before we could answer, Madam Malkin said, "That's you done, my dears,'' and Harry and I, not sorry for an excuse to stop talking to the boy, hopped down from the footstool. "Well, I'll see you at Hogwarts, I suppose." said the drawling boy. Harry just ignored him and walked ahead. I did a little nodded and said," I'm Emily, by the way." He smiled and I walked away not even asking his name.

We got out of the stor and Hagrid was waiting for us.
  "We just need a wand, now." I said reading the lists.
  "Well, you'll want Ollivanders. There ain't no place better." Said Hagrid and pointed to a shop.
  He told us to enter by ourselves because he got to go somewhere else, again.

  We enter the shop, but there was no one. We call out by saying ''Hello" and wait for someone to came.