~one~

My life was hard. Very had. I had no one. Except my brother, Harry. He was everything to me. He's my twin brother. We never met our parents. We lived in a house where we were unliked. We use to live with our Ant Petunia, Uncle Vernon and our cousin, Dudley. Those three wore the worst muggles ever. They didn't treat Harry and I like family, but like servants.

We didn't even have a proper room. We use to sleep under the stairs. It was a very small space for both of us. It was getting more and more uncomfortable as we grew. But either Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon or Dudley cared. Me and my brother were very thin. We ate what was left. That was almost nothing. Our clothing was old and used, and it fitted big on us. We both had the same scar. But Harry's is in the forehead and mine is in my wrist. We didn't pay much attention to it at all.

It was Dudley's birthday and Harry and I were sleeping. But not for long. I heard Aunt Petunia knocking on the door hardly.
"Up! Get up! Now!" She ordered.
"Up!" She screamed one las time walking towards the kitchen.
"Sissy, get up." Said Harry while shaking me. He called me sissy sometimes since we were little. And I called him bubby.
"No..." I murmured.
"Emily, we're going to get in trouble. Please get up."
"I'm up, I'm up. Jesus!" I said and sat up. I was having a good dream. It was about a big castle and magic.

Our aunt was back outside the door.
"Are you two up yet?" She demanded.
"Nearly," we both said.
"Well, get a move on. Emily, I want you to look after the bacon. Harry I want you to look after the eggs. And don't you dare let it burn, I want everything perfect on Duddy's birthday."
Harry groaned.
"What did you said?" Their aunt snapped through the door.
"Nothing, nothing..." said Harry and I giggled.

Harry got out of bed and looked for socks. He found a pair of them under the bed. He pulled out a spider off of them and threw it to me.
"Harry! You always be doing that." I said and took the spider off of me. We were used to spiders, because the cupboard under the stairs was full of them, and that was where we slept.

I got out of bed as well and brushed my straight, dark brown, long hair as fast as I could. Then I tide it up. Aunt Petunia didn't let me have my hair down at all.
She said that if she saw a hair in the food I would be in a lot of trouble.

We got out of the cupboard and went to the kitchen. Harry was making that eggs and I the bacon. Meanwhile Dudley was counting his presents. His face fell.

"Thirty-six," he said, looking up at his mother and father. "That's two less than last year."
"Darling, you haven't counted Aunt Marge's present, see, it's here under this big one from Mummy and Daddy."
"All right, thirty-seven then,'' said Dudley, going red in the face.

Aunt Petunia obviously scented her son mad so she said quickly, ''And we'll buy you another two presents while we're out today. How's that, popkin? Two more presents. Is that all right?''
Dudley thought for a moment trying to count how many presidents he was going to have now. Some second later he nodded. It was unbelievable how long it took him to do that simple math.
Aunt Petunia and Dudley sat on the table where Uncle Vernon was already sitting.
"Bad news, Vernon," she said. ''Mrs Figg's broken her leg. She can't take them." She jerked her head in the Harry's and I direction.

Dudley's mouth fell open in horror. Every year on Dudley's birthday his parents took him and a friend out for the day, to adventure parks, hamburger bars or the cinema. Every year, Harry and I were left behind with Mrs Figg, a mad old lady who lived two streets away. We hated in there.
"Now what?" Said Aunt Petunia.
"We could phone Marge." Uncle Vernon suggested.
"Don't be silly, Vernon, she hates the twins."
They kept trying to think were the leave us like if there were a package. After some time they decided. They decided to take me and Harry with them.