Once More To The Isle of Night

I sighed and adjusted my satchel so it wasn't rubbing against my wings but eventually I just got fed up and fastened it around my hips, "Much better," I said to myself and stepped over a Terrible Terror to get out my door, heading right to the cliff.

"You sure you don't want one of us coming with you?" Astrid asked, already mounted on Stormfly's back since she'd just finished her morning patrol.
"All of you are needed here, in case the Edge needs defending, I'll be fine on my own, I just..." I sighed softly, "I need to see if I can find anything my father left back where I used to live, the Isle of Night which is full of Night Furies, need I remind you all, hostile ones. Toothless and I were attacked the last time we went to get my stuff, I don't want to put any of you in unnecessary danger," my eyes lingered over to Ruff. I still have nightmares about not catching her, no doubt that's going to stick with me a while.
"Alright, but make sure you're safe and careful there, we'd all be devastated if you disappeared," Fishlegs said and hugged me.
"Three days, that's what you get and if you're not back by then, we're coming to find you," Hiccup crossed his arms.
I giggled, "Yes, sir, bossman," I joked, "the only reason I'd be late, is if I fall asleep when I stop to rest. I'll be back soon, you don't have to worry," I assured.

I got suffocated by hugs and even Snotlout joined in, that was a surprise, then everyone else pulled away and Ruffnut was still hanging on, I gently pried her arms from around my neck and pecked her cheek.
"You better come back safe, you hear me, missy?" Ruff held my hands.
I smiled softly, "I will, stop being so dramatic, my Nutty Princess," I teased, "Three days tops, promise."
I pulled away and stepped to the edge of the cliff before stretching my wings and jumping off, only open ocean ahead of me, I might have awful directional sense but I could find my way back to the Isle...hopefully.

I'd only been flying a few hours but I was already exhausted, I felt heavier than usual but not because of the food I packed, my mind felt a little fuzzy too. I tried to ignore it but I soon had to land on a beach and check myself over.
"What is going on?" I checked my satchel, my wings, my belt, nothing should have caused me to feel this way. Then I found it, "Really? I...feel like Astrid would insist this but would she try to sneak it on me? And how did I not realize someone snuck it onto me?"
One of them had secured a sword to the back of my belt, it was covered in some kind of smell that made my mind feel foggy... Dragon nip! It had to have been Snotlout, I was surprised he managed it though. I sighed and took it off my belt then tied it to a tree.
"There, doesn't seem to be any dragons around so it should be safe and the smell should be gone by the time I reach it again," I stepped back from it then went and splashed cold saltwater on my face, it help. "Brrr! That helped," I took off again, "I should really stop talking to myself." Fat chance of that happening. "Okay, if I can't find any information or notes back at the Isle then our next best chance would be my old village, it's filled with dragon hunters though, probably not a good idea for me to go back but if I don't go then the others will still want to go and they'll probably get themselves in trouble..."

I continued thinking about it as I flew. Maybe the village was abandoned or it could've possibly died off, there don't seem to be that many true dragon hunters around anymore, at least not any that are from my old village, there was just my cousins and a couple other faces I recognized, I never met them though, I only saw them from afar since I wasn't allowed to go into the village. There might be more but it was a small village to begin with.

After a bit longer I finally spotted the island, "Knew I could find it on my own!" I smiled to myself, it was getting dark though and it was a little dangerous at night. I started to purr, low and soft as I went in to land just to let the other Night Furies know I wasn't a threat and that they knew me, I used to play with them in the past when my father would go out, a couple practically took me in as their own. I heard a growl as soon as my feet touched solid ground and I kicked off my shoes, I always ran barefoot here, cursing the sharper stones but most were fine. My skin is tougher now so it was fine, but my attention wasn't on the stones, it was on the growling around me as I lowered myself to a knee, giving a growl of my own. The glow of plasma shone behind deadly teeth and so I showed that I could do the same, my wings hiding me a little as I shot a blast at the gravel, growling louder and the growling around me stopped just as suddenly as it had started.

I hurried to the metal hut that was now collapsed and threw the sheets off the pile they'd crushed, by the third metal sheet I spotted something I'd never seen before. I was a leather bound journal but it had both my brand and the image from the Dragon Eye lenses embossed on the front, the girls facing each other. This had to be my father's journal, the reason for the change in the symbol has to be in here. I continued to search as the sun sank lower and lower until it was nothing but an orange glow on the horizon. Along with the journal, I found a box of loose papers, a medallion I didn't recognize, another journal, and even some rolled up drawings of wings and Night Furies though one drawing of a Night Fury seemed different from the rest, I couldn't quite place how though, maybe it was just the dim light playing tricks on me. I found a bag and packed everything up to take back with me then left the pile of metal and scraps to find a place to rest.

Suddenly I was on the ground, two menacing, growling, fully grown Night Furies looming over me, plasma glowing behind their teeth.