A Chance

Snotlout stared, "Whoa."
Tuffnut grinned, "This is awesome."
I just couldn't believe it, "How is this possible?"
"What do you mean? All I'm doing is playing with him, he likes it," Luna said as she climbed down off the Triple Stryke's stomach. Sleuther whined and righted himself before nudging her, "Oh, you want more?"

She smirked at the incredibly dangerous dragon and backed up before charging him and none of us were prepared for what came next. This strange, skinny, weighs-next-to-nothing girl grabbed Sleuther by the horns and wrestled him onto his back, pinning his horns to the ground before jumping onto the dragon's stomach. This time, though, Sleuther wrapped his tails around her, they were braided once again but he just lifted her up with a growl before throwing her in the air. We all tensed our stances and Toothless got a plasma blast ready but I stopped him as Sleuther righted himself and Luna landed on his head, jumping right off then landing hard on the ground, for a moment...it looked like she was trying to fly.

We all raced over then Astrid and Heather helped her up, "Are you okay?"
"Y-Yeah, I just...overestimated," Luna said and rubbed her head.
"Well, doesn't look like there is any serious damage," Heather said and brushed off the dirt.
Sleuther came up and nudged Luna who gave a smile and scratched under his chin, "It's not your fault, big guy, you just wanted to play."
"I gotta say, I am beyond impressed with your skill pertaining to dragons," Fishlegs said.
Luna shrugged a bit and smiled but her smile looked sad, "It's always been like this, I mostly know Night Furies so it took me a bit to get used to these other dragons but it's just the same, Death Songs and Thunderdrums being the exception, they require a little extra when speaking with them," she said, "gotta sing to the Death Songs and be a bit louder so the hard-of-hearing Thunderdrums can understand." She gave a purr which Sleuther returned and lightly headbutted her.
"They really think you're one of them," I said, she just keeps amazing me, I soon remembered that she said something when I was pulling her out of to dragon nip, "Hey, Luna, could I talk to you?" I asked while walking up but I guess I got too close for Sleuther's liking because he growled and separated his tails.
Luna growled at him then he slunk back like he'd been scolded before running off into the woods, Luna then looked at me, "Sure, in my hut?" she asked.

The others left and I joined Luna in her hut, telling her what she said while affected by the dragon nip and she went quiet for a moment before finally speaking.
"I...I found a possible solution to my lack of...well, wings," she said, "I'm not gonna ask you to make me a flight suit, I don't want fake wings."
"Didn't your father cut off your wings? How are you gonna get them back?" I asked.
She took a breath and hugged her knees, "There's a volcano on a nearby island, I know it sounds crazy, like a suicide mission, but...Hiccup, if I go there a-and jump-"
"No!" I interrupted, "You'll burn to a crisp upon impact!"
"Let me finish," she said then sighed, "I'll jump and if legend is correct, which I believe it is, there's a dragon in there that can help. It's not a viking legend, Hiccup, it's one I've heard from so many dragons! There's a chance I could get my wings back."
I sighed and looked at her, "Luna, there's a chance this legend isn't true, and if it's not-"
"I'll have you and Toothless to pull me out at the first sign of real danger," she grabbed my hand, "Please, Hiccup, all I want is my wings back, it's all I've wanted since they were taken from me."
I was still in shock from the fact that she initiated contact with me, it occurred to me that this is really important to her so I sighed, "When do we leave?"