Dragon Lessons

I still couldn't believe I had more living family, I was so excited to hang out with my mom and to now tease my brother in the only way siblings could. I didn't think I could feel any happier.

"Hey! You take that back, cod-breath!" I laughed, smacking Toothless with a wing before he started wrestling me, thankfully being half Night Fury meant I had stronger muscles so I was able to hold my own against him... until he went limp and pinned me. "H-Hey!" I cackled as I tried to push him off of me, "Your fat tail is crushing me, Toothless! Ruff! Hiccup!" I called out for help but the two were sitting on the sidelines, clearly amused.
"That's what you get for picking a fight with your brother, Luna," Hiccup chuckled, being no help whatsoever.
Ruff snickered, "Do Tuff and I act like that? There's no way."
"Oh, you're both getting it once I'm free!" I claimed and still struggled before smirking and tickling Toothless' armpits, knowing how much it tickled him. He squirmed and backed off, laughing from the tickles while I shot up and toward my friend and girlfriend...only to fly right into my mother's wing. "Wha-? Mom!" I whined. She just smiled with a little head shake then nuzzled me. I sighed, "Fine..." I waited until she walked off towards Toothless then smirked and shot a tiny plasma blast between Ruffnut and Hiccup, making them jump up.

I got chased down by Ruffnut for that but I simply picked her up and held her close with a giggle, she could never do anything when I giggled.
"Next time Tuff pins you, I'm not helping," I smirked.
Ruffnut gasped in faux offense, "You'd let me be crushed by my own brother?"
"You did!" I accused with a laugh then spun her around before my mother walked back over and headbutted my leg. "Huh? Oh, yeah I remember," I told her, setting my girlfriend down. My mother sat up then gestured to the journal spilling out of my satchel on the ground, "Wait, so what my father wrote was literal? I can just vanish?" I asked, Hiccup's attention grabbed.
"You mean when your dad and Oswald wrote that you just disappeared with a spark of lightning?" Hiccup asked.
Runa nodded and looked up at the sky. "Cloud camouflage, that makes sense, it must have to do with electro-currents somehow bending light to render one invisible, so it's not actual vanishing," I hummed.
She nudged me then flapped her wings to start hovering off the ground, I followed and Toothless headed over to Hiccup who joined us. Runa looked at Hiccup and growled but I blocked her view of them.
"Toothless can't fly without Hiccup's help, he has to be here for Toothless to learn," I told her.
She was displeased but accepted it and started the lesson by beginning to fly around, building up speed then... she was gone!
"Wh-Wha-!? This is incredible!" Hiccup exclaimed then there was a puff from a nearby cloud and my mother reappeared.
"That was amazing!" I cheered then listened excitedly before looking at my weapon belt so I swooped down to drop it by my bag before pulling back up. "Okay, build speed, feel the energy in my core, let it grow, then let it out. Got it!" I smiled and started trying to imitate what Runa did.

I failed the first time, but that was only because a Terrible Terror flew in front of me and I had to break my flight pattern! I tried again and this time I flew faster and longer, feeling the sparking energy growing in my chest until it almost hurt then I let it out! 
I didn't feel any different though so I slowed and started flying back, noticing they were looking around until Toothless gave a sonar roar and seemed surprised, his wings falling out of synch for a second but he got it back.
"Whoa, Toothless, you okay there, bud? Looked like you saw a ghost," Hiccup said then Runa made the same type of roar and smiled.
"Wait, really?! I did it?" I asked.
Hiccup jumped and looked around, "Hey, where are ya? That was sudden and really close," he said.
I laughed a bit then calmed and focused, shaking the camouflage off, "Am I visible again? I can't tell."
Hiccup looked stunned, "You just appeared out of thin air!" he accused.
I beamed and cheered, "I did it! Wow! That energy almost hurt before I let it go," I said and Runa advised me not to do that. I looked at Toothless, smiling wide, "Your turn, little brother," I teased and pet his head.
He huffed in my face then looked over at our mother who nodded and Hiccup helped Toothless try to build up the right speed.

They were never able to get it and Hiccup was comforting my brother. "Hey, bud, I'm sure you'll be able to do it, maybe I'm the problem, you might just not be able to do it with me on your back. Tell you what, I'll start working on a new tail when we get back, one you can control. It'll be difficult but I can do it, I'm sure."
"And if we grind up fallen scales then it'll be fireproof and match your scales, no one will know you only have half a tail," I said but Toothless knocked me over for that last comment, I chuckled, "Okay, I deserved that one."
Ruffnut walked over and sat in my lap, "I was watching the whole time, that was incredible! Who knows how many pranks you could do better now with your invisibility," she smirked.
I rolled my eyes playfully, "Only on Tuff and Snotlout."
"Hey! I heard that!" Snotlout shouted from beside the fire where he was cooking a fish he caught.
Fishlegs walked up, "Hello, Miss Runa," he smiled nervously at my mother who just smiled then walked off. He sighed in relief, "I keep worrying I'll say something she won't like, I don't want your mom to not like me."
I chuckled, "You have nothing to worry about, she loves you, she's grateful that you've become one of my closest friends," I told him and smiled at his smile.

That was when I heard the roars and spotted two Night Furies headed our way, plasma blasts threateningly glowing in the backs of their throats.