What Happened?

"So what happened to you? How did you end up on our beach?" Astrid asks after Luna is finished eating.
"Well...I was out fishing and I didn't notice that my anchor had come untied from my raft and that I was drifting further out to sea. A Scauldron bumped my raft and made me realize how far away from shore I was, I was out there for two days and three nights before a storm hit. The ocean went crazy and I went underwater before getting shocked by a Sea Shocker and passing out," Luna says, "That's the last thing I remember."
"You poor thing," Fishlegs says.
She shivers and rubs her arms, "It is a lot colder here than my island usually is," she says.
"Really? Your island must be blazing hot, this is almost the end of summer for us," Tuff says.
"Well dragons are constantly blasting everything and I live in a metal home to protect myself," Luna says.
"Why don't you just move to another island?" Snotlout suggests.
"I tried once but I wasn't used to it, I nearly died because the place was inhabited by Thunderdrums," she tells him, "I don't know how to deal with those dragons, my island dragons, I know how to handle."
"Speaking of dragons, if only one type lives on your island, how do you know about all the others?" Hiccup asks.
"My father studied them, he traveled the Archipelago and wrote down every dragon he came across. I loved reading his papers, my favorite dragon was the Singetail, it seemed like the perfect dragon, its eyes can move independently and it can even see behind it without turning its head. Its roar is kind of like a loud gurgling, it's kind of choppy. Fire shoots out of the gills, mouth, and tail, you can not ambush that creature!" Luna says excitedly then her cheeks turn pink as she realizes what she was doing. She quickly goes quiet and sits back down.
"Wow, that is just a-amazing! Do you have the papers?" Hiccup asks.
"The originals are back at my home but I copied my father's research on extra sheets of parchment so I could take them wherever I went. In case I got bored, I would just read them," she says then looks down, "I miss him, even if he didn't like me that much and thought I was a failure, I still loved him."
Ruff and Tuff sniff, "That is so sad! The father never wanted his daughter and pushed her away, but she always loved him anyway." "Such a sad, sad tale, it would make the perfect drama for the theatre!"
"Just ignore them, they're idiots," Snotlout says.
Luna shakes her head, "N-No, it's fine, really," her voice cracks as bit as tears silently roll down her cheeks.
Astrid walks over and puts a hand on her shoulder, "Hey, you don't have to lie about your feelings, we all have someone we miss."
"I lost my mom when I was just a baby," Hiccup says.
"Would it be alright if I went down to the beach? I always sit on my beach when I need some time to think," Luna says as she grips the handle of her machete then gets up and walks out of the hut.
Hiccup stops anyone who was about to follow, "Let her go, she's just dealing with some heavy stuff, she needs to relax and going down to the beach alone will probably help."
"How come Astrid was able to touch her when the rest of us got threatened?!" Snotlout asks in irritation.
"Well the only ones who tried to touch her were Hiccup, you, and me," Fishlegs thinks, "Maybe it's because she feels more threatened by men?"
"She did call me a filthy man when I was carrying her here," Hiccup says.
Astrid crosses her arms, "It's obvious that she is more comfortable with women than she is with men, maybe her father beat her and she still has some grudges towards men because of that."
"That would make a lot of se-, What the-?!" Fishlegs jumps as there is a loud, high pitched scream then a crash.
"That girl has some issues," Ruff comments.