No Story

"And she had one of them demonstrate! They have this brilliant fuchsia color to their flames, Hiccup, it's incredible!"
Fishlegs had been going on for an hour about these new dragons Luna showed him and I was geeking out a little bit too, I couldn't help it, they sounded amazing!
"MossWings, right? Well there are a few places on our island that fit the description of their habitat," I smiled, "You said Luna told you that they only attack to protect and defend?"
"Uh-huh, does this mean we're going on a dragon hunt- uh...search?" Fishlegs asked.
"Of course it does! Maybe we can convince Luna to join us," I said excitedly.
"Uh, I don't know where you want her to join you but I don't think it's happening," Astrid spoke as she walked into my hut.
"Huh? What makes you so sure?" I asked and Astrid simply pointed outside and down, towards the dome.

Luna and Ruffnut were on top of the closed dome, Barf and Belch were nearby but there was no Tuffnut so it was safe to assume that the dragon got them up there. I had Toothless take me up and he landed me behind him as I saw Luna shiver.
"Oof, bit chilly up here with no blockade from the wind," she said, "The view is so worth it though."
"Oh, here, I'll keep you warm," Ruffnut replied and put her arm around Luna's shoulders while the other leaned in.
"Thanks, now I'm just wondering if Hiccup wants to join or just needs something," Luna said and chuckled, guess I was caught.
"Actually, I was just wondering if you'd like to join Fishlegs and me for a dragon search, we're going to look for MossWings on the Edge," I said.
"I told Fishlegs all the information I have on them, you guys will be fine as long as you watch your step," Luna replied.
"Alright, uh... Ruff! You wanna go?" I asked.
"Hiccup, you know how much I love causing chaos with new dragons," Ruff replied, "but, I think I'm okay here for now, I like hanging out with Luna. Plus, she's super cuddly! Like a stuffed yak!"
Luna started laughing, well, at least she was starting to relax and open up. I let them be and went back to Fishlegs and Astrid at my hut.

"She won't be joining our dragon search but I think she's starting to really like it here, I've never heard her laugh the way she just did," I told them, "Something about Ruff just...I don't know, it does something, makes her loosen up."
"That's kinda weird to think about," Fishlegs said.
"Yeah, but at least it means she won't be getting in trouble anytime soon," I said, "Astrid, did you want to come with us?"
"Thanks but Heather's coming back today, I wanna be here when they show up," Astrid replied.
"When who show up?" we all jumped at Heather's voice at my door.
Astrid gave a sigh of relief, "You and Windshear, of course, welcome back."
"Nice to be back, um, was I seeing things or was one of the twins cuddling the new girl on top of the dome?" Heather asked.
"Nope, you're not seeing things, Luna somehow keeps Ruff in check, still doesn't really trust the guys too much but we're getting there," I said.
"Yeah, I was surprised that I didn't see any chaos when I arrived, it seems...too quiet," Heather said, "Where's Tuffnut?"
A dragon landed outside and Ruffnut walked in alone, "He's probably with his chicken in our hut."
"Ruff, where's Luna?" Astrid asked.
"I don't know, we were talking then she suddenly got quiet after I said something then she said she had to go before sliding down the dome and running off," Ruffnut said, "I just thought nature was calling to her."
"What exactly did you say before she ran off, Ruff?" I asked.
Ruffnut shrugged, "Just something about wanting to fly like a dragon but, like, without a dragon," she said.
I sighed, remembering the story Luna told me, "Okay, from now on, no one mention flying without dragons around Luna," I said.
"Why? Is there something we should know?" Astrid asked.
"There is a reason she got upset and ran off, I am not going to say a thing," I said, "it's her story, she can tell you when she's ready but I'm not so sure she'll want to recount it twice in one week so we just all need to be patient. I'll tell her that you want to know what's up but I will not tell her story for her. Now, the MossWings can wait, I'm gonna go check on her."