This Dive Was Planned

I was still in shock over the giant eels, I absolutely hate eels and those were terrifying! Anyways, Ruffnut tapped my back because I hadn't noticed that we were already nearing Berk.
"Are you gonna be okay?" she asked, worried about me like always and she had a reason to be this time around, I'd stopped shaking but I still saw that giant eye looking into mine.
"I-I think so? I'm gonna stay by you though, you'll protect me," I hung onto her for my dear life as we landed, I didn't want to let go but I had to. Thankfully Barf and Belch were trying to comfort me too and so did the other dragons once we were on solid ground.
Toothless walked over after Hiccup got off his back and he coaxed me down to the ground and got me to let go of Ruff who still stuck close. I got down on my knees and leaned against Toothless who nuzzled me comfortingly, it was nice and so were his soothing purrs, his wing draped over me and hid my wings which no one had noticed yet because there were only a few people and they were focused on Hiccup. It was nice not having to worry about that for a little while.

"Ah, Hiccup, I'm glad you made it, hope the journey wasn't too rough," Stoick hugged his son who clearly couldn't breathe well until he was released.
Hiccup gasped for air before responding, "Um, we ran into a little trouble, Luna fell into the ocean where there were giant eels and we had to save her. I have to assume she came face to face with one because she's really shaken up," he motioned over to me but I wasn't paying much attention.
"Ah, the poor lass, seems like Toothless is really trying to soothe her though, her thing with dragons is quite strange," Stoick mused as he stroked his beard.
"It's not that strange once you get used to it, anyways, what was the big emergency? No one's panicking, I don't hear any crashing of any kind which is really weird on its own," Hiccup tried guessing what was wrong.
"That's just it, the dragons have all disappeared overnight, not a single one is anywhere on the island except the Terrible Terrors we have for sending messages," Stoick said, "I haven't the faintest clue where they've gone, even Grump is gone and you know how lazy that beast is."
I finally smelled something right after Stoick finished speaking and so did the other dragons, we'd all been not very attentive to smells until now.

I covered my mouth and nose as I coughed, "Oh, that reeks! What is that?" I shot out from under Toothless' wing and flew away from the island, just a little to get away from the smell. The other dragons followed me except for Toothless since he couldn't fly on his own but he did his best to cover his nose.
"Sh-She can fly!" Stoick exclaimed, "On her own!"
"She's a devil-spawn! She's here to kill us all!" Spitelout shouted.
"Wait! Wait. She's not a devil-spawn!" Hiccup put his hands out to try and keep the vikings at bay, "She's half dragon and a different dragon helped her regrow her wings. I know it's hard to believe but she'll only hurt you if you attack first, especially if you're male. She...still doesn't trust men."
Stoick looked at his son, "Just how long has she had wings?" he asked.
"A-A few months, she's really helpful around the Edge, she's here to help us, not hurt us," Hiccup replied.
"And how do we know she can't breathe fire too and plans to burn our village to the ground?" Spitelout huffed.
"Stand down, Spitelout," Stoick ordered, "I trust my son and if he trusts this winged girl then she's no threat to us."
"Thank you, Dad, now Luna has the same senses as a dragon, was anything new brought to the island recently?" Hiccup asked.
Stoick hummed in thought then Gobber limped over, "Gothi got some new herb seeds a little while ago after hearing about their properties from another healer, they started sprouting yesterday, they're all over the place," he gestured around at some stubby little plants. "I think she said they were...rakeweed? No, no, snakeweed, that's it!"
Hiccup looked up at me and I nodded, "All reptiles are repulsed by snakeweed, the super bitter, sour smell is revolting and stings our noses," I shouted because no way was I getting closer to that smell, "If you want the dragons back then get rid of it or at least move it all to a single area and section it off."
Hiccup turned back to the Chief, "Well, you heard the girl."

I saw nasty and fearful looks at every turn but I didn't care, the people who mattered most accepted me and that was all I needed. Soon enough, all the snakeweed had been moved to an area downwind of the village but still very accessible so it wouldn't bother the dragons and Gothi could still get to it easily as long as the woman doesn't mind a little walk. Astrid was just musing that the problem seemed too simple to cause such urgency when the entire island shook.
"What was that?!" Snotlout looked around anxiously, "Is Berk breaking apart?!"
"That didn't come from the island, it came from under the island!" I said then looked down at the water and saw a shine and a huge shadow, "I don't know what dragon that is yet but I'm about to find out, you all wait here."
"Wait, Luna, don't you dare go alone," Ruffnut said and headed over to Barf but I shot a blast at her feet to stop her, "Hey!"
"Hey, I'll be fine, Ruff, I'm only checking what it is and if I find out what's wrong then I'll try to help, no one needs that dragon to think you're a threat and swallow you whole," I chuckled, "it's sweet you worry but you don't have to this time."
I gave a little salute then let myself fall backwards off the cliff before turning and stopping my fall onto sharp rocks by gliding over to the water. I got ready to dive but before I even touched the water the image of that giant eel's face flashed in front of me and I did everything I could to quickly ascend, breathing hard and hugging my arms. Yeah, I might be a little traumatized but I had to see what that dragon was and I had to see if I could help it, besides, there's no giant eels around Berk. I dove but nothing could have prepared me for the gorgeous creature I saw under the cool water.