Stifling Heat

I took Luna to the island with the help of Toothless and we got to the volcano in no time, Luna had brought the chained chest from her hut along with a change of clothes though I didn't know what either of them were for. I didn't ask and instead just watched as she climbed down from Toothless' back and set down both items before looking into the volcano.

"The dragons all call it a Spiderqueen and, from what I've gathered, she's the only one who can possibly help me," Luna said, "I'm going to jump and she should catch me but if you feel I'm getting too close then you can come and save me."
"You know the deal, first hint of danger and we're out of here, Spiderqueen or not," I told her.

Luna nodded then kicked off her boots before jumping, she didn't even hesitate for a second, Toothless and I watched her but then I decided she was getting way too close to the lava so I tried urging Toothless to save her but he refused to move, I didn't know what his problem was and when I looked back to Luna, I caught sight of her a split second before a massive dragon scooped her up in its mouth! I called out for her then jumped off Toothless to lean over the edge of the mouth of the volcano, the heat was staggering and drying out my eyes but I saw the eight-legged dragon at the very edge of the lava pool and Luna was stuck to the side of the pit. I tried again to convince Toothless to help her as she pleaded with the massive dragon that soon cocooned her in what looked like webbing, that must be what got the Spiderqueen her name, Toothless was also still being stubborn and refusing to move. Maybe that meant that this was supposed to be happening and the legend was true. I waited there with Toothless for the rest of the day but Luna stayed in that cocoon so Toothless and I had to go back to the Edge, we didn't have enough supplies to stay the night waiting for Luna. We got back and decided to get some rest after telling the team that Luna was on a personal mission on another island so they wouldn't worry about her like I was, I mean, it wasn't really a lie. I kept going to that island every day but things stayed the same. I really wish she'd told me it would take a week!

The seventh day since Luna was put in that cocoon was like the previous ones, I was packing up some things to take to the island when a shadow flew over me, now this isn't too unusual as there are wild dragons all over the island but what was unusual was the shape of the shadow, it looked like a person with wings! I looked up but there was nothing so I went back to packing Toothless' saddle bags though he seemed distracted, he wandered around the side of my hut then stopped before excitedly hopping over to something. I heard shushing when I followed him then I saw someone I really wasn't expecting.
"Luna!" I ran over but kept a respectful distance, she looked exactly the same but also looked like she was hiding something with part of her body behind my curtain, "H-How did you get back?" I asked.
"Before I answer that, would you like to see what I looked like back when I had wings?" she countered.
"What does that have to do with my question?" I replied with a question of my own.
She answered by stepped out from behind my curtain and, to my disbelief and amazement, large, black wings, much like Toothless', spread behind her.
"These do," she giggled, "I flew back, on my own!"
"Wait, is this some kind of trick?" I asked and walked behind her but saw that the wings were actually attached to her.
"Nope, I got my wings back! And being in the Spiderqueen's web cocoon gave me something else," she said, very clearly excited about it.
"What is it?" I asked but she shook her head with a smile.
"Gather the others in the dome to find out."