The Effects of Dragon Nip

"Well looks like I'm telling her story!" I said as I entered the clubhouse, all of the dragon riders were there. "I gotta say, she's quite intuitive," I looked over the note I had found in her hut when I went to check on her, "Alright, let's get the big thing out of the way. Luna's mother was a dragon." I looked around the room and everyone was looking at me like I was crazy. "No, no. I know, I thought she was insane at first too but as she went on with her story, there was so much sadness and sincerity, plus the scars on her back match up with her story. You just have to hear it first."

I told them everything Luna told me, every detail that I remembered and I remembered pretty much all of it. By the end, everyone had different expressions.

"Okay, either the girl's crazy or Hiccup is for believing her, or both! I'm good with both," Snotlout said.
"No, I think I remember a story they'd tell in my village about an abomination, a girl with wings like a dragon, it was completely different from the Lycanwing legend too," Heather said.
"What was the story from your village?" Fishlegs asked.
"Well, it told of an island West of ours, there was a huge dragon attack one night and the Chief from that island shot down a Night Fury but when everyone went to finish it off, all they found was a girl. They were so confused when all of a sudden she broke free of the bolas holding her and dark wings spread behind her. Everyone saw her as a beast from the depths of hell so they chased her to a cliff and she flew off but not without taking a viking with her. They are always ready for her to return and finish the village off but it's been a few years and no other stories have popped up anywhere about a girl with wings," Heather finished her story and leaned against the wall.
"That's very similar to the story Luna told Hiccup, a bit more violent but vikings do tend to exaggerate stories," Fishlegs said, "and it would explain how she understands dragons."

We kept talking about it then I noticed Toothless was sniffing around and listening for something so I walked over to him.
"What is it, bud?" I asked then suddenly he was alert, roaring and huffing at me as he looked between me and the door. "Whoa, calm down, Toothless!" I said but he wasn't listening, "Guys! Something's up with Toothless, he senses something, we should go check it out."
I hopped onto Toothless' back and he took off so suddenly that I nearly didn't have time to lock my feet into place, thankfully I got it before we hit the ground and we were off, the others following close behind.

Toothless took us to a field and I noticed there was a patch of tall dragon nip so I tried steering him away from it to land somewhere else but I guess whatever he sensed was there because he refused to turn. He did land outside of the patch so I climbed off his back as the other riders landed.
"What's wrong? It doesn't seem like there's anything dangerous around here," Snotlout said, "Hiccup, I think your dragon's broken or something."
"No, the dragon nip might be throwing off Toothless' senses just a bit but whatever he sensed has to be around here at least," Fishlegs said.
The others jumped off their dragons but stayed near them then I heard something.
"Is that...giggling?" I wondered out loud and pushed the tall dragon nip aside to reveal Luna! "O-Okay, what is going on?"
Luna curled up then looked over and saw me, "Oh," she yawned, "Hiccup, do you know what this stuff is? I don't but it makes me so relaxed and a little sleepy too," she closed her eyes and hummed softly, "It tickles too but not too much."
I saw she was starting to fall asleep so I sighed, "Come on, Luna, get up, let me take you back to your hut at least," I said but got no response. She was fast asleep.
"Strange, why is dragon nip affecting her the same way it affects dragons?" Fishlegs wondered aloud.
"Uh, duh! Because she's part dragon!" Tuffnut said then crossed his arms and huffed, "And I thought you were supposed to be the smart one."
I groaned, "Let's just get her out of here, we'll figure out the other stuff later," I said then walked over to her, I hesitated because she still doesn't like me touching her but she'll understand when she wakes up and I tell her the reason I had to move her.
I knelt to scoop her up, she was much lighter than I expected but as I held her, she started shifting and woke up. "Hiccup?" she gave a yawn.
"Hey, Luna, I'm just gonna take you back to your nice bed in the safety of your hut," I said.
She gave a tired hum and was still relaxed, the dragon nip really had an affect on her, "I was studying the dragon notes I have," she mumbled, "I could get them back," a yawn interrupted her, "there's a chance..." she fell right back to sleep so I carried her back to her hut which wasn't too far.