Dinner invitation

You flew back through Karas office window leaving Kara to finish up her report and returned back to your desk although you weren't even sure what you were doing so you played snake on your laptop, you scrambled to close the window on the desktop as Cat Grant stood outside her door giving a reporter the opportunity to approach her. "So Miss grant I was wondering if I could have another piece to work on?" She asked nervously watching as Cat raised her brow at the sudden interruption, you kept your head hung down at the blank screen.

"And why's that?"Cat asked crossing her arms across her chest with a bored expression and one raised brow, curious to why she was even talking to her.

The reporter shuffled in her step darting her eyes to the furtherest Corner of the room rather than fixating on Cats scowl. "Well- well ... I have some interesting ideas?" She explained but her nervousness made it seem more of a question.

"Well spill" cat commanded harshly as the room became dead of sound, It felt like everyone had held their breath.

"I was thinking we should do a piece on captain super" she suggested causing you to shoot your head up at the mention of your name- well superhero name.

"Oh?" Funny enough Cat seemed interested and didn't miss the newly found interest that you were wearing as they spoke about your super name.

"... well he appeared out of nowhere and now where just supposed to believe that he's supergirls brother" she continued finding some confidence in her own favour but it was soon shot down again.

"How ridiculous"

"I'm sorry" she apologised quickly shaking her head feeling embarrassed for even asking, you watched closely as the girl turned to leave but cat gazed at you catching your wondering eyes.

"What do you think?"

You shot your focus behind you only to see it empty. "What me?" You asked pointing a finger towards your chest. Winn shook his head warning you to take Cats side on this but of course you weren't going to miss on the opportunity to talk about yourself and free yourself further from superman's and supergirls shadow.

"Yes you" Cat growled.

"Um I think it's a great idea" you nodded straightening up on your chair. Winn let's outs a small Yelp as he slams his head against his keyboard frustrated from even warning you.

"Didn't you hear me say the ridiculous part?" Cat asked raising a questioning expression.

You smiled weakly. "You asked for my opinion" you shrugged speaking honestly.

"Ooooo" the sounds filled the room from one of the reporters at their desk although you didn't bother to turn to see who it was, You didn't know them.

"Shut it! We'll do the piece" Cat waved her hand dismissively leaving the room to fall back into its normal silence. Kara popped out from her own office hearing the commotion watching as Cat didn't take her eyes of you. You fidgeted in your seat, not liking the attention of the woman who was clearly speaking to everyone else.

"Thank you" the reporter smiled gleefully.

Cat forced her eyes away although it didn't take a lot of force. "Not you, you're fired. Kara you're up, I want this piece on Captain super by Friday." She explained causing the reporter to burst into tears and run towards her desk collecting her things with a bowed head.

"What?" Kara interrupted looking around in confusion at what had gone down but it was Cat ignored her intentionally. "I mean I don't.."

"As you were"