Sliver

"You wanted to see me?" You asked letting the glass door swing shut behind you as you take a beeline straight towards the empty chair in front of cats desk.
Ms Grant doesn't say anything and gives you an unreadable expression but she seems relaxed and at peace with her decision. "I'm sorry, I'm I in trouble or something? You called me in on a Saturday" but your words only make her expression morph into a look of saddness as she peels her gaze away from yours. "Oh rao its something bad."

She released a shaky breath before turning back towards you as she pulls herself together. Not for you but rather for herself. "I'm taking leave."

Your ears seem to perk up at her words much like a dog and you wish this was nothing but a dream but you explicitly remembered waking up this morning only to have a awkward and silent encounter with your sister. "What do you mean?" You asked, your heart seeming to sink into your stomach at the thought of cat leaving. This was her empire and she was leaving it all behind.

"I'm leaving CatCo" she explained, well not really much of explaining rather blunt you thought.

"What? No, you can't just leave." You shook your head standing up to pace the room. You had really came to enjoy the presence of the older woman and being at CatCo made you feel hollow. Even with the arguments and disagreements between you both, you had built a strong relationship with your boss.

Cat stands up keeping her palms face down on the table as she watches you drill holes into her carpet. "I've just done all there is that I can do here. I'm like a shark in a tank, and I'm swimming around in circles and I'm moving, but I'm not getting anywhere. And yes, yes. I've created a media empire and... I'd like to think that I spread some light in humanity out there in the world. And I launched Supergirl and CaptainSuper for God sake. But... I've just been swimming in the same pool for too long. There are new seas out there that I have to go conquer. Hmm. I need to dive or like someone told me." When she had finished explaining herself in more depth she had found herself close to you. You stopped suddenly noticing her clear her throat to speak again.
"A leap of faith." She repeated your words from the other night and you freeze.

You drew your eyes to the carpet unable to look at her, this couldn't be goodbye . "So what are you going to do?"

"I don't know yet, I'll leave that up to the journey. I just need to get out of this city." You shot your gaze back up to her in all seriousness. You could tell she put great thought into her escape but what you didn't know if it was all true, was she leaving because of you?

"This city? Oh Rao you're being serious, you're actually leaving?"

"I already have a buyer" she announced without revealing to much information.

Oh rao this was happening way to fast and you could ignore that feeling anymore. You hadn't had this for a long time and it all came tumbling down, not even a hero could fight such an desire. Cat Grant had an affect on you, despite your own desire to pretend it was all a phase. But you didn't know, you thought you would have more time to explore that feeling but her leaving the city wouldn't help you to communicate such a complicated thought with her. "Cat i-."

She lifts her hand up to cut you before you could speak. "Don't, I'll be back soon enough" she smiled somewhat having an idea of what you where thinking even when you had no idea what that even was.

Your voice seemed to crack but you still pushed her on your question. "Are you leaving because of me?"

Cat chuckled crossing her arms across her chest and moving back around her desk. "No, I'm doing this for me, the new Cat."

You step foward but the doors swing open and Alex barges in with her Deo uniform and wild eyes. "I'm sorry y/n we need you, Karas up against some manic, it looks like a huge surge of kryptonite just shot right up but the readings aren't something I recognise from the kryptonite we have on earth." She rambled not bothering to spare any detail even in the presence of your boss whos watching in concern.