Come back to me

Kara threads her brows together, not expecting the surprise on the other side of the door, the need of X-ray was forgotten, so her confusion was all to real to the nervous but confident woman watching her carefully with her gentle gaze. "Lena what are you doing here?" Kara asks hopefully but her mind was racing here and there, was this all just some cruel joke, a hallucination maybe?

Lena forgets her anger at the broken girl before her before matching back to her own sour expression the blonde was used to this week. "Don't make a fuss about it am here to listen." Lena crosses her arms across her coat. She had planned this all in her head but she had no idea what she was even expecting from her.

Kara nervously readjusts her glasses and clears her throat. "Oh well— okay." It's only then Kara realises that shes still in her pjs, a blanket over her shoulders like a red cape that she catches the girls gaze lingering on.

"Well get on with it" Lena snaps impatiently forcing herself to be mad at her but her small itty bitty boxes had been flowing open lately and that's how the CEO found herself out in the corridor glaring at the door before she found her courage to face the kryptonian.

"Oh right now?" Lena lets out a hiss so Kara pushes. "Fine. My name is Kara Zor-El Danvers, daughter of Zor-El and Alura and the sister of y/n Zor- El and i- I" Kara stops for a moment, deciding her choices to let Lena into another secret one that even she had been struggling with.

"I'm waiting" Lena huffs.

Kara sighs at Lenas spite but she seems to go against her head and follow her heart. Karas blanket falls from her tense shoulders to a puddle against the open door. "I...I- I love you with every ounce of strength in my body and I.. I want to spend every moment I have on this planet with you, I love our friendship but I want more. I love you Lena Luthor. Please trust me when say what I did was to protect you" Kara explains, every word removing that weight from her shoulders. A huge wave of pride washes over her but the glazed expression radiating of the woman was any indication to make her think she was wrong to even say a thing.
"Lena please say something." Kara pleads begging Lena with her full out puppy eyes to say anything, anything at all.

"I have to go" Lena muttered turning on her heels quickly, not looking back as she tries to escape. Well maybe not anything.

"No please" Kara calls over to her, her feet betraying her as she hoovers in the doorframe of the apartment. It felt worse than any kryptonite ever did, a rusty blunt blade forced against her beating heart to which it twists deep against her chest ripping out what was left of her broken heart.

"Wow hey Lena." You smile, walking past the cold Luthor who ignored your presence and continued to march down the stairs behind you.

"Lena come back!" Kara yells as you stand confused watching her disappear from the building.

"What happened there?" You questioned finding your movement over to the broken girl who picks up her blanket and wraps it around herself with a sigh.

"I think I made it worse." Kara explained choking back on her tears that where threatening to fall.

You frowned watching her return back into the room "What do you mean this is a good sign right?" You questioned, if Lena came over to talk it had to mean a little less anger towards the blonde, right?

"I told her that I love her." You slammed the door and jumped at your own force slightly scaring Kara as she slumps down to the kitchen stool.

"Oh wow okay, and?" You asked surprised that she had even came round to admitting her feelings.

Kara sighed. "She didn't say anything before storming out."

You dropped your coat onto the coat rack and picked up the bag again. "Kara maybe she just needs to think about it" you offered.