Meet the family

"Here's your coffee?" You explained placing the cup into her outreached hand. You caught your breath before exiting her office and heading straight towards your own desk to finish up on the reports scattered down on the wooden desk. Your hair was windswept and your clothes had been untucked at the Jean and not to forget the nest of leafs stuck poking out from your hair, a couple of them descending down south of your shirt.

Cats let's out a face of disgust but waits until y/n is sat at his desk far away before she's mumbling under her breath about the freezing cold latte that he had brought her in Although in his defence he was chasing a robber 5 blocks. Every thing about his outfit to her was perfectly imperfect.

What she forgot is that Kara was sat down on the sofa waiting for Cat to approve her work, a new piece on Lena Luthor, a story which the girl had a hard time keeping her own bias from. "Normally, you'd ax an assistant the second they brought you a latte one degree off." Kara stated watching as Cat adores her assistant which of course doesn't translate to the obviousness that Kara held.

Cat jumps slightly finally realising that she wasn't alone in her office "Oh, Ker-rah. I don't even know what normal is anymore." She shrugged dropping the to-go cup into the bin without another sip.

Her statement seemed to interest Kara and she shapes her brow into a arch slipping out of the sofa and sitting across from the bipolar woman. "Ms. Grant, what's wrong?"

Cat chuckles dryly intertwining her hands in front of her. "What could be wrong? I have followed every one of my passions, I've achieved everything I've ever wanted to achieve, and I'm at the very top of my game. The question is, Ker-rah, what the hell is wrong with you?" She questions deflecting her own problems onto the unexpected girl. "You're young, brilliant, and you have the world at your feet. You have the job of your dreams and you even got Lena Luthor wrapped around your finger."

Kara doesn't expect Cat to bring up Lena and she turns a shade red "Well actual-."

Cat cuts her off though. "I don't want to hear it. Your problem is that you don't leap" she explained watching Karas face morph into confusion at her statement.

"Like into water?"

"The details aren't important Ker-rah just live!" She exclaimed but Cats own mind had been pacing right and left about her own leap of faith. The leap that closed the gap between you both, a kiss that neither of you were going to bring up mostly because you were both too stubborn to do so but even more so Cat knew she had no guts to even face the fact that she had kissed her assistant that was half her age, was she falling?

Kara seems to think for a moment but all that her mind could conjure up was Lena, the woman had no idea who she really was and how she really felt. "You're right, Ms Grant." She seems to gain some motivation from the older woman and stands tall, tugging down her untucked pink shirt whipping up a look of determination.

"As always." Cat smiled before the door swings open cutting her pep talk short.

Y/n barges only just noticing that Cat was busy seconds later. "Oh sorry, for the intrusion, there's someone on the line for you, they said it was important." You explained just before her own phone started blaring next to her indicating their urgency to reach the woman.

"Thank you y/n, now shoo, you too Kara." She shoos you both out of the room urgently but of course you catch a glimpse of hesitation from the older woman as she sighs taking the phone to her ear. You of course could listen in but the thought of that didn't sit right with you. She deserved her privacy even when you wanted to know what was going on with her lately, a strange aura hugging her since the kiss.

"Did you just get the message?" Kara asked almost quietly as you both walked awkwardly out of cats office, the question had to be towards you, Winn was to far to catch the question even if that where you both were heading to.