Birthday

One week later....

Cat was sitting at her desk, both hands on her keyboard, her mind had already left the office leaving her in a rhythm of clapping keys. She was typing up a praising report about Captain supers return one full of her own emotion that soaked through it pages practically leaving the whole thing completely wet.

Then there was a hard knock on her office door, She looked over to Your desk and was shocked to find that you wasn't there so finally she peeled her eyes of the view of your empty desk and looked over to her door to see who had knocked and sighed annoyedly as she rolled her eyes at the sight of James Olsen standing there waiting instead of her assistant, the assistant that hadn't left her mind.

"Come in, Olsen. But whatever you have to say better be life or death otherwise I-," she was surprised that he had the audacity to cut her off mid sentence.

"Just here" James interrupted, he looked down towards her glare and smiled weakly at the woman and held up a Birthday card, wide open in front of her. A litter of wishes and names painted all over.

"I'm flattered, Jimmy, but it is nowhere near my birthday." Cat watches him with curiosity to where the man could ever get such an idea from.

James stood still and shook his head quickly, seeing where the confusion was coming from he opened his mouth. "The card isn't for you." He informed.

Cat sighed, taking her glasses from the frame of her face. "Then why are you wasting my time?" She asks coldly having now lost the pace of her writing completely.

"To sign it? Everyone else in the office already has." He explained still holding the card out in front of her.

Cat raised an eyebrow. "I'm not sure you know this, but my signature is worth millions of dollars. I'm not just going to sign a birthday card so that some bimbo can go sell it online."

"It's not just a someone, Ms. Grant. It's for y/n" James informed, stepping closer and placing the card on her desk, still open so that she could she your name written nicely in cursive. "It'd mean a lot to him if you signed too." He knew he had her and smirked as she became pale at the mention of your name.

Cat's heart flipped. Your birthday was today, How had she not known that? She knew everything about everything and everyone yet the date had slipped her mind.

She shook her head and quickly picked up her own pen and signed the card before shoving it back to James. "Now get out of my office."

James smiled victoriously and nodded heading straight back to his office but the only thing she could feel was guilt.

The door somehow remained open. Her head shooting up towards the approaching voices of two siblings "Kara stop it" you warned glaring at the collection of balloons that she had in the grip of her palm. A Multicolour 29 balloon danced in the middle of her collection.

"What it's your birthday!" She smiled widely attaching the balloons to your desk and letting them litter you view of the open office.

"That's just something narcissistic people celebrate." You scoffed leaning back in your chair with an annoyed expression, you really didn't do birthdays especially when you missed 12 years worth of them locked up in one of the most secure prisons in the whole universe then on a planet that wasn't your own.

"Hey come on, lighten up. I finally get to celebrate your birthday" she pauses and takes a look around before dropping the volume of her words. "like here" she gestures hinting out to being on the same planet.

"Thanks but like I said I don't need a party and I don't want a piece of card telling me that am old." You tumbled the collection of cards that were messily dotted all over your desk, some with big bold numbers splashed on them.