Unconscious

"Why is Lena laughing?" Kara asks sitting upon y/ns empty desk and peering over Winns shoulder as he puts his things away. Lena leans against the wall outside the elevator that Winn had left trying to stop herself from her hysterical laughing

Winn huffs having heard her laugher the whole trip up yet he didn't even know why she was even this side of the city. "Oh she saw James trip in the parking lot, she's been like this for 20 minutes please help." He begs sitting down at his desk.

James walks past Lena to the others and Lena falls into another fit of sniggers. "Where's Cat, the office is empty?" He asks ignoring her giggles and looking into the office in confusion, ms Grant was one to always be on time mostly because sometime it's like she never even leaves the building.

"She's gone." Winn deadpanned but the looks on the others faces revealed that they didn't know of Cats disappearance.

"WHAT?!" Kara yells jumping up from the desk and scanning cats office for herself wishing to see the certain blonde. "Cat can't just leave" but her mind goes back to the conversation she had with her the other day and maybe that meant that Cat had finally taken her leap of faith.

"She isn't just leaving. It looks like she already had." Winn explained and he was right, all of cats things had already been removed last night before she left the office was the last time.

"Oh are you okay? How's y/n?" James asks forgetting for a moment why he came over to the others in the first place. His concern for the unconscious superhero was a genuine one so he manages to forget about his boss for a moment.

Kara sighs fidgeting with her nails and hanging her head as she mumbled under her breath. "Yeah I'm fine but y/ns still out of it." She explained, you hadn't woken up yet. 12 hours and counting. It wasn't a effort to know that she had been feeling really guilty for pushing you away and it didn't help that she didn't understand your pain you held so tightly for your parents.

"I'm so sorry Kara." James explained resting a small squeeze on her shoulder to show his sympathy.

"I wonder what's going to happen to catCo without ms Grant." Kara thinks aloud as Lena approaches from her side catching the end of her question. Kara wanted to distract herself and luckily her favourite person was here to the exact thing.

"That's why I'm here." Lena explained smiling at Kara who's face lights up.

"Lena. Hey" Kara leaps forward to pull the girl into a hug, Lena slowly melting into her embrace as Kara struggles to hide her blush creeping up onto her cheeks. It had been weird for Lena to keep up with the affection the girl had been giving her mostly because she grew up with such a cold family that thought such feelings where a weakness "Wait, What do you mean?" Kara moves back quickly only just picking up on what the other woman meant.

"I brought cat co." She explained looking around briefly at her new workers. "Now I don't see y/n, does he still work here cos I need him to show me the ropes." Lena explains pulling their attention to the desk that hadn't been touched today.

Kara seems shocked but continues to answer her question despite thinking about it first. "Y/ns... s-sick. I'll show you everything." But it seemed to persuade the new boss.

"Thank you Kara." And with that the two walk off, Lena trying her best to concentrate on anything but her best friend who had been looking especially good today and Kara trying her best to distract herself from her brother.

"Please wake up. You have to wake up." Alex whispered clutching your hand as she uses her gaze to watch the rise and fall of your shallow breath until you let out a sharp gasp and burst into a sitting position on the med bays bed, a collection of wires and tech hooked up to your frail body. "Y/n"