Faith

"Are you sure this is a good idea Kara?" You whispered walking into the Almost empty building one that belonged to the 'cult', except there was one person there, the man behind it all who has notices you both lingering by the door.

"Just go with it." Kara nudged you further into the room as she holds out her pad and paper in her hand. This had to be one of her worse ideas yet.

"Can I help you?" He questions looking between the two of you but he doesn't seem surprised, weirdly he looked happy to see you both.

Kara smiles politely lifting her hand out to shake his. "Hi, my name is Kara Danvers and this is Y/n Danvers." She nods over to you as you inspect the room, running your finger over the closed window and dragging up a thick layer of dust. Has this room every actually seen daylight?

"Oh, yes, I remember you from last night."

"Yes." Kara lets out a nervous chuckle. "I'm a reporter at CatCo Magazine and this is my intern" you roll your eyes couldn't had see said you were a reporter to, the audacity that girl had.

"CatCo... I love that Cat Grant." At the mention of her name your heart stops, well more like falls deep into your stomach before exploding into little tiny sparks that lit up your veins before your heart returned beating against your head clouding your own thoughts.

Kara clears her throat and you return to scanning the room, riding down your glasses on the tip your noise to use your X-ray vision but comes up empty. "Yeah. I'm actually researching an article about your... ...religion. Do you mind if I ask a few questions? And don't worry about him he's just here to observe." He turns back round and you give him a force smile quickly lifting up your glasses.

"Oh. Always happy to talk about what we're up to."

Kara takes a seat as gestures him to follow suit. He sinks back into the chair as Kara sets her pad on her crossed legs, a collection of questions scribbled down on its pages. "So, one of your followers, he was in a fire last night. He almost died." Kara starts of and your sour mood returns.

"I heard... He wanted to test his faith. And he was rewarded. Captain super saved him." He explained and you couldn't help but feel you played right into his hand. He was going to use that to harm more people's life's.

"He burned the building down. Other people could've gotten hurt!" You yelled unexpectedly making the two heads snap over to your own.

"Y/n!" Kara hissed. This wasn't part of her plan.

He collected himself calmly standing up to face you. "But they didn't. As was Rao's way."

You let out a scoff but Kara steps up to stop you, "I think it's admirable that you want to help people. I mean, logically, Supergirl or Captain super can't save everyone. There's only two of them and a whole city of people that need help." She explained more calmly then you managed to do.

"Is this a test?" He threaded his eyebrows together watching as Kara held you back from releasing your anger.

"Excuse me?"

"Did you come here to test my faith? Supergirl? CaptainSuper?" Your anger stopped much like your heart at the question.

"I'm not." Kara stammers nervously, readjusting her glasses as a nervous habit but of course it's not believable in the slightest.

He seems anything but surprised, like he knew all along. "I looked into your eyes from my seat on that plane. When you look into the eyes of a God, you do not forget." Kara grabs your hand to lead you from the room but he launches forward to stop you both his hand out to touch Karas arm which she's quick to shrug him from. "Wait, don't worry. Your secret is safe with me. As Rao says, "Let my God walk amongst you and shelter Them"