Heroes don't break

The sunset today wasn't as pleasing as it normally was. You felt like you were hollowed out and filled with grief. Grief and anger that pierced your skin like a searing knife, a knife such as the one you forced so deeply into your aunt, draining her life.

The smiles seemed to cease this day, not even the forced ones. There was no Energy to pretend or be the hero that the world needed. Kara herself had gone AWOL and the city was left unprotected.

"Hey are you okay?" Winn asked, seeing you come in later than you normally would. No coffee or Pleasant greetings just yourself... or what was left of you. A baggy shirt hung over your bare shoulders.

It was the question that everyone kept asking. You knew deep down they meant well but how could you feel that way after ending a life of someone so close? A blood bond wasn't broken it was shattered that night. "I'm fine"

"You sure you don't look like it" Winn continued to poke at your sour mood which only meant it was going to get worse for him.

Suddenly you felt something prickly and hot crawling itself up your spine. "JUST DROP IT WINN" you snapped causing the guy to retreat backwards with a small Yelp of surprise. They had yet to witness the rage of a fallen hero that had nothing else left to lose.

The door of the office swung open in urgency leaving you to involuntarily roll your eyes at the presence of the woman that had let you down. "What the hell is going on out here? Mr Danvers?" She asks watching you with a wide glare at you sudden outburst.

"Nothing Ms Grant." You huffed not bothering to dial down your tone. The woman had done nothing but treat you like nothing since her request to be professional but there was nothing in her speech that would warn you of her bitchy mood.

"Back to work." Her eyes where on you physically but it felt distant, her orbs gazing over with something that continued to make her irrational. For second you had swore you saw the Cat Grant you were close with but of course that was probably the tiredness that your body was a adoring.

And with that she left returning back to her own work. what you didn't expect was the monitoring and the few phone calls that the woman was making within the walls of her office.

You sat alone in silence like every other day but it was like you had been awoken on Christmas Day back in krypton. Your heart sank deeper, closer to the ocean floor as you heard it. The small laughter of your aunt.

"Hey y/n" you didn't bother looking up, you weren't ready to face it. You couldn't bare to listen to the quotes of your own heartbreak.

And then there was a hand calling out to you

It was pale.

No not pale.

Dead.

You Fall back on your chair surprisingly not snapping it in half at your strength. Winn rushes over to help you up onto your feet but you weren't taking his help, you were certain you didn't need it. "Y/n you're clearly not okay"

You fumble for your words still shaken but she had seemed to leave you. "I'm Fine. I'm going to take my break now." You explained clearly showing the others you were distressed, as well as the fact it was only 10:26.

You came here often. The roof something that had yet to fail you but today was that day. For something had never failed to amaze you felt. Empty. Useless. Dull.

You always preferred to be alone, you cannot be let down by people if they aren't here to hurt you but at the same time your heart was aching for something that wasn't alive anymore. Something ripped from the universe, the fragments of existence by your own hands.