Fight with hope

Kara and Cat walked together while Max went on about god knows what as you zone out watching the older woman spin her glasses with her finger and the pad of her thumb. You didn't want listen in on the pair but it didn't mean you couldn't gaze at the determination on Cats face and a broken expression plastered on your sisters face. "I don't know how to fight this. What would you have me do?" Kara questions to Cat. Kara had always admired Ms. Grant so it didn't come to much of a shock now asking her for her advice on how to save the world.

"You could come up with a better plan than irradiating the city and killing thousands of people." Cat explains rather bluntly as you and Max lag behind trying to find a better place to hide out than CatCo where Kara was sure Non would return to.

Kara sighs deeply and looks behind gazing at you in thought but turns back to Cat. "My mother was faced with this decision on Krypton. To act or do nothing. And she chose wrong. I love her, but she didn't save Krypton like she promised. And my planet died. My culture. My home. My parents. Everything was just wiped from the stars and my brother was blamed for it all. How can I let that happen again?"

Cat takes a moment to process Karas words and seems to think almost like she was trying her hardest not to say something mean to the younger girl reaching out for her advice. "I know you're scared. I am too. But so is y/n. All of you are letting your fear guide you, but somebody has to find the courage to stand up even though they're afraid. You know, the worst decisions that I've ever made in my life were based on fear. But you showed me that there was another way to be strong, by having faith in people. By believing that goodness would prevail. And because of you, I started letting people in..." she can't help but think about you, she lets out a frown at her past actions for pushing you away but the look on Karas face makes her push on. "and I think I made a terrible mistake for ever thinking any different. What I'm saying is the world needs Supergirl. That's all they've needed from you."

Max sighs receiving no response from you as you continue to block out anything that left that mans lips but he pushes forward to catch up with Cat that frees you from your personal thoughts. "For the record, I seriously thought the two of us would be having a lot more fun during Armageddon."

That got your attention and you let out a small "Ugh" in disgust.

Ms Grant stops in her tracks and lets out a chuckle towards your disgust looking straight back at Max who's wearing a cocky grin. "Oh, Max, we're not here to talk about your bomb. Supergirl has a plan." And with that his grin was gone.

Kara chuckles. "Which means Cat browbeat you."

Cat raises her hand in response not happy with the choice of words that leaves her lips. "Inspired" is closer to the truth. I'm a muse, Max. To the world."

He looks between you all, Kara and Cat wearing the expression of determination and a hint of pride whereas you shrug your shoulders, if they had a plan you felt it could be heard atleast. Max clicks his tongue and turns to Cat. "So, what's your plan?"

"Hope."

Max chuckles dryly like Ms Grant had lost her mind. "You know what? I'm gonna go with the plan that has the bomb and kills the bad guys instead."

"No bomb. No one dies." Kara explained quite bluntly making Max's face scrunch up in recognition of his weapon.

"You think I wanna do this? It's the only way to win." He questions looking away briefly in shame of the choice he wants to make right now.

Kara sighs and throws her arms up dramatically as she talks. "What? What are we winning? Causing more chaos? More destruction? More lives lost? You hated my family for months, because you thought We'd use our power indiscriminately, kill people with no regard for their lives. That is exactly the choice you're making with this bomb. You were afraid of us. Now you're afraid of Non. I understand that fear. But we cannot let it drive our actions. Make another choice that honors your parents. And mine." By the time she had finished Cat was stood beside you, Kara had a frown and Max looked deep in thought at her speech.