Disturbed dinner

"Finally, took you long enough." Cat comments but her tone is nothing but soft at your arrival. She places her phone back into her pocket to give you her whole attention. Her piercing orbs scanning your whole attire, slowly landing back on your nervous expression... well your lips that was.

You tug at your shirt and wipe your sweaty hands down on your jeans, the butterflies had nothing on your racing heart. You may be a superhero but Cat Grant was your kryptonite. "Couldn't find the place." You chuckled nervously looking around at your surroundings. You were definitely out of your depth as you scan the room filled with classy rich slobs.

"Well I thought I change from your usual sad places." You sit down across from her as you fiddle with your glasses.

"Hey they had nice food." You quirked back finding yourself forgetting about everything around you, only her in front of you.

"Well this place also does" she gestures for you to take the menu and your face drains of colour. Okay maybe focus on where you are.

The menu rests upwards in your hand as you scan the small print. "Yeh for a millionaire that is. Oh Rao 24 dollars for a salad. Must be one hell of a salad." You chuckled nervously, yeah you got money from her empire and the DEO but this was waaaay out of your price range.

"Hey don't worry it's on me." Cat offered with a small smile although she liked the feeling of power. Her card already laying at her side on the table, a power mood some may say.

You dropped the menu back onto the table and raised a brow towards your boss. "And why would I let you do that?"

"Because you will! now relax." She ordered sipping on her gin. Your eyes trailed down to the drink infront of you, as if cat knew it didn't affect you, a lemonade was sat on top of the coaster.

"That's ironic. You've been working all night." You took a swing of the cool glass of lemonade even that tasted expensive.

"Hmm you've been checking on me" Cat grinned, she didn't mind it well actually she adored it. She let herself put the glass down wanting to have a sober mind so everything would stay put in her memories.

You clasped your hands out in front of you, one interlocking with the other. "Maybe a little. After reign I just.." you didn't want to think about it, how you would love to make the world saver for the blonde.

Cat sighed slipping her hand between yours, a spark connecting between a simple touch. Your hair raises and you heart quickens. "I understand but reign has nothing on me"

You shook your head at the stubborn confidence radiating from the reporter. "Other than the fact she is a literal world killer. Cat I admire you but it's going to take more to stop her" you offered, a feeling of guilt bubbled up in your throat.

"Well I have the upmost trust in you to do so." She was quick to add.

You forced your feelings down much to your own company. "No pressure aye?" You chuckled moving your hand to slip your fingers within hers.

Cat lets out a small hum at the feeling of your hands running over her own. "I haven't even started yet." Cat practically purrs. "You left Lena in a bit of a mess."

You sighed at the mention of the certain CEO. "Yeah I should probably apologise, what I did was unnecessary it wasn't her fault but I just Ugh her and Kara stress me out.  How can't they see that they are utterly in love with one another?" You rambled clueless to the look cat and Lena shared.

"I can't imagine." Cat groaned looking at you with a longing expression. If they didn't have it hard Cat Grant certainly did.

"Sorry I'm rambling." You explained missing her thoughts once again. You tugged on your shirts hem and bounced your foot.