Home

"Hey you're back" Winn exclaims excitedly seeing you step out from the elevator with a bit more colour in your cheeks. The three days you took off had been a struggle? It basically consisted of keeping Kara and Alex on there feet all day providing you medicine, food and comfort.

"Yeah finally got rid of the flu, how do you cope?" You chuckled readjusting your bag on your back holding the coffee in the other hand.

"That's humans for ya" he commented walking you to your desk where the paperwork had vanished showing that someone had took it upon themselves to do it in your absence.

"Well it's nice to see you Winn I should probably see Ms Grant now." You explained giving him one last smile and turning your attention to the woman in her office. You pulled her latte close and swung the door open earning her attention. "Hey hey, got you your latte."

"You seem perky" she smiled weakly, although this time she tried to stop herself completely, she cleared her throat and sat up straight, her aura had readjusted or something just felt off.

You chuckled. "I feel great, Bizarro dealt with and the superflu gone, I feel amazing- thanks by the way" you said again, Cat had really helped you through your first sickness here on earth, when you hadn't even asked or expected it from her. It definitely made you relax around the woman, who everyone was so quick to label as scary.

"It was nothing but I want to be clear on something" she spoke with a straight expression like the old Cat Grant had finally returned back to work. Her voice seemed cold again leaving your hairs to raise up at her tone something that even aliens couldnt do.

"Sure. What's up?" You asked clearly confused to the woman's weird mood.

She forced herself to look far away from you, something that the woman had too much pride to do before. "this moment on, I think our relationship should be strictly professional. Boss, employee. That way, everything is very clear. Nobody gets confused. Nobody gets hurt." She states clearly and coldly causing you to raise a brow at such a weird suggestion.

"I don't know where this came from but of course. If that's what you want. Your coffee" you placed the to go cup at the edge of her desk with a frown at what the woman had suggested doing. You left quickly deciding that you had enough from her to determine that it was true.

The old Cat Grant had finally returned.

"Hey. Perfect timing. Do you want to go to Noonan's for happy hour? We still haven't de-briefed about what happened when you were sick" Winn asked pulling along James behind him stopping you from returning back to your desk.

You shot back to C- Ms Grants office once again and sighed as she looked down glaring at the paperwork she had to fill out. "I- I don't really feel like it"

"Hey you love happy hour." James added unsure why you were down in the dumps. Whenever anyone mentioned food you were far too excited but it just didn't feel worth it anymore. You just wanted to know what was going through Ms Grants mind.

The door creaks behind you indicating that Ms Grant had left her office and now addressing James and Winn. "Where is Ker-rah? And why isn't she answering her cell phone?" She asks, you just move to your desk sighing as you sat down resting your head in your palms leaving the two alone with Ms Grant.

Winn seems to hold his breath for far to long causing him to tremble over his own words. "Uh, you know, maybe she can't...We're actually in the middle of the worst solar storm in recorded history. It's just been scrambling communication signals all morning. I'm sure there's a... There's a good reason."  Winn rambles on covering for Kara of course he could just be honest with Cat but the others in the room made him decide against it.