New boss

"You can't be doing this Kara, you want me to work with the woman that you swear made your life a living hell?" You swatted her hand away as she tried to place your glasses on after raiding your closet for clothes that would be used for your first day on the job.

As Cat Grants new assistant.

You took the glasses and looked in the mirror one last time. You raised your eyebrows looking at the ugly white and blue Striped shirt that was tucked into black trousers, you frowned having to wear smart shoes instead of boots. Your hair had been gelled up into a smart look and the glasses made you look just like your cousin and your sister. She smiled clapping her hands excitedly.

She grabbed her keys and bag and gestured to the door. "We better be going, you still need to pick up Cats coffee if you want to make a good impression."

———
After picking up her coffee from the place kara had sent you to. You found yourself in catco's elevator.

"Oh my rao..."You forced yourself to slow your breath as you watched the numbers grow higher coming up to where you would meet Cat Grant as yourself.

It was 3 minutes before your interview with her and Kara made sure that you would get there on time. You had heard she was picky but your sister had put in quite a word in about you.

"Calm down, Y/n. It's not that big a deal. Just be yourself just not to super." You whispered to yourself coming to a stop in the elevator.

You came to a hault seeing her come in through her private elevator. You gulped one last time but the snigger from across the work place had caught your attention and you found yourself glaring at kara holding onto a goofy smile with her thumbs up.

Seeing her come out of the lift send a shiver down your Spine how had you not noticed how beautiful she was.

"Ms Grant. Um your coffee" you presented handing over the contents in your hand with a straight smile.

"Thank you, back to work chop chop" she waved of dismissively eyeing you up and down.

"I- um- I don't work here... I'm actually here for an interview. With YOU." You stick your hand out as a greeting, but Cat looked at it in disgust walking into her office.

"Oh... you're sure you don't work for me already?" She asked looking down at her phone in boredom. You just trailed along like a lost puppy.

"I'm sure." You said standing across from her as she sat behind her desk still not looking up. There was still some glass and tape from the incident last night but it didn't stop the woman from wearing such confidence. "I'm Kara's recommendation?" You said more like a question as her eyes travelled back up to you. She hummed dropping her phone on the table.

"You're early. I don't like that. Throws me off of my schedule." She thought for a moment taking a glance at her clock. "Well y/n Are you going to start, or shall I?" She asked, this time making strong eye contact.

"I thought this was an interview." You pushed finally sitting down on the lonely chair in front of the desk.

She sighed dramatically running a quick hand through her hair "Listen, I'm not wasting my time. I thought Keira knew better."

You whispered the correct pronunciation of your sisters name under your breath as she finished. You knew full well that she was listening into this too and she would never live this down if you didn't try to blend in with the rest of the world.

You breathed out looking directly at cat as she grew annoyed at the silence in the room. "Well my name is Y/n Danvers. I have no experience in media but I know here I can gain some. I can write. I can proof read. I can sit at a desk all day, that desk in particular." You pointed out to the desk outside the glass doors. "I can collect research all day. I can be an good assistant to you Ms Grant. But I have one request from you" you finished causing her to raise a brow.

"And what will that be? Y/n" she pushed saying your name wrong.

"I demand respect, you respect me I respect you" you smiled.

Her emotions were unclear so Without looking away from you reached under desk, grabbed a sheet of paper and pen and tossed it across the desk to you with a straight face.

"Sign this. You start tomorrow."

You looked at the paper and then back at Cat with a sense of achievement. You smiled knowing how happy kara would be getting to work with her big brother.

"Well, go on." She said.

You grabbed a pen from the desk and signed on the dotted line without looking through causing her to shake her head slightly. "Oh and y/n never wear that shirt again" she sighed sitting back at her desk.