First day

So this was it, starting your first day at Catco, taking demands from the queen herself but you were anything from nervous, you had fought aliens from outer space for Rao sake. Cat grant? No problem.

Stepping into the morning rush you were quickly forgotten; almost invisible to everyone around you. Kara had vanished into her office leaving to walk the corridor yourself and it didn't help that someone didn't see you, making their files fly above you both before scattering across the floor. Luckily the coffee stayed in tip top shape in your hand but that luck didn't last long.

The glare belonged to one pissed off looking Cat who held her hand up to her head taking in a sharp inhale before staring you down once again. "I'm so sorry!" You said quickly, you had started this job for five minutes and you had already annoyed your boss. You extended your arm to place the coffee in front of her "... I got your coffee"

She snatched the coffee from your hands and took a slip, being satisfied she let it go without her annoyed expression "Just pick this up and Winn show him around!" She demanded stepping over the papers and leaving you to pick them up.

"Right will do" you muttered collecting the last of the files and holding them across your chest all of them shrewd out of place within your arms.

"So that was a mess" Winn commented offering to take them of your hands.

"Tell me about it" you chuckled nervously passing them over to his outreached hands carefully not to drop them again.

"How you feeling taking this job?" He asked shuffling the papers to make them aline.

"Well the DEO deals with aliens, Cat Grant will be a piece of cake." You shrugged giving a goofy smile, it was true though Cat Grant had nothing on the bad guys...right?

"Someone's confident" He smiled weakly not Convinced before leading you over to the L shaped desk parked right outside of her office. The glass was removed completely and a fresh wall was installed. "So this is it really.. Um cat likes her assistant to be in shouting distance but if you need any help you can find me or Kara."

"Thanks Winn" you explained swinging your backpack and tossing it under the desk.

"No problem" he smiled but it disappeared as fast as it came when he glanced behind you and noticed the woman re-emerging from the late comers. "oh no she's coming, gotta go, good luck."

You span round at the mention of the woman "Oh hey Caaaat" you smiled softly.

"You're quite clumsy" she commented with a frown clearly unimpressed by your professionalism on the first day.

You stepped back to Lean against your desk leaning over to take the files that Winn had so nicely sorted for you and held them out towards her. "Here's your files, sorry again"

"Don't let it happen again" she muttered crossing her arms, she just stood there making the air become thick of silence and awkwardness.

You cleared your throat looking at the woman who stayed completely still and silent, the only movements being the rise and fall of her chest and her eyes that scanned you almost like she was observing you. "Did you need anything else?"

She seemed to force her eyes away quickly after catching herself, she coughed waving you of dismissingly. "Meeting in 10 minutes organise it"

"Great" you gritted your teeth together looking back to the reporters slamming down keys and not paying the smallest amount of attention to you. As Cat sat down at her desk she watched as you sighed with a grin, lifting her glasses and placing one of the hooks in her mouth. Surely this was a test by the wicked smirk the woman was holding.