The return

Hey guys am working now so my updates might not be sooo quick but here's something I've been working on.

"Hey Lena I got that reprint you needed." It was a long shot but this morning you had received a very blunt email calling you in early on the official CatCo email. You never expected to see the luthor back behind the desk not after what happened a few nights ago.

And you were right. "Think you've got the wrong person mr Danvers." Cat! Cat fucking Grant commented.

You shot your eyes up towards the older woman who's smiling back at you, her hands on her hips. "What the fuck! Cat?" You sputter in shock.

Cat chuckles at your surprise. "Well this is a nice welcome."

You smile more widely than you would have liked but she was back and standing in the office. You wanted to pinch yourself to see if this was real but even the chance of ruining this dream you decided not to. "I'm sorry but- but.. you're here, like you're here." You pointed out the obvious.

Cat leans on her desk and crosses her arms amused with a grin playing on her face. "Take a deep breath and try again."

But as much as you didn't want to burst the moment you arched a brow. "Why are you here?"

"Well leaving the city was nice but it wasn't the right choice." She expresses, Cat wasn't one to run away but feelings aren't something the woman was proud of although your obvious seemed to run in the family.

"What are you saying?" You asked.

She pushes her self from the desk throwing her arms out. "I'm saying that Cat is officially back."

You bit your lip. "Wow okay, well it's nice to see you"

Cat smirks. "I can tell" cat seems to get closer and your breathing hitches in your throat.

You chuckled nervously, you had to chill out. It was only Cat Grant. No that made you more nervous. "I just mean it's nice to have you back. You know you look good in this office. Or just... generally back here in National City."

"I do, don't I?", asked Cat with a sly smile. "I maybe back but I do want to... explore my options a little more", offered Cat.

"Huh?" You breathed out your voice cracking slightly. Did the room just become hotter?

Cat looks at you almost reading you for some sort of recognition "You did get the letter right?"

You shook your head softly. "Letter? I'm confused." You expressed causing her to frown and take a step back.

"Oh.. well that's awkward." She chuckled nervously running a hand through her short blonde hair.

"Cat what are you saying?" You trailed out unable to move. Your legs where really betraying you right now.

Cat clears her throat before returning to her strong confidence. "I'm saying that I don't want to see you outside my office anymore."

You arched your brow. "You're firing me?"

Cat smiled. "Quite the opposite actually, James explained how you took on a lot of Lenas work while she was still getting her luthor hands on the company, I want you in charge of my reporters."

"Cat I do-."

She puts her hand out to silence you. "No talk about it, collect your stuff I already cleared an office for you." She notices your doubt at such a promotion. "Y/n, you are such a brilliant mind and you love CatCo as fiercely as I do. You will be perfect for this job and I need someone to keep those idiots in line."