A new problem

"It must have been hard putting your ex away." Kara said sipping on her to go cup and letting the latte warm up her from the cold breeze that had blessed the city this early morning.

You shrugged off your coat and sighed. "It was fine. It was a long time ago." You dismissed throwing your coat under the desk before turning your attention back to her.

"Did you love her?" Kara pushed, her own curiosity getting the better of her.

You thought for a moment for the best way you could describe how you were feeling about her because of course to you it seemed like a life time ago. "I did, well I think I did but maybe I was just lonely. The phantom zone did that to people and she was something else you know. An escape." As your eyes trail around the room looking anywhere but at your sister it lands on a pamphlet in James hand as he approached you two. "Hey, where did you get this?" You asked looking around quickly and sure enough the leaflets were everywhere. Poking out of reports, nested in people's hands and printed on the wall.

Kara snatched it from your hands and glared at it herself turning to you with a look of confusion. James feels left out from your look and speaks out. "What's that?"

You sighed running a finger over the emblem. "It's the Kryptonian symbol for Rao." You explained, feeling a wave of nostalgia wash over you, it had been so long seeing something that originated from your home planet.

"The God of Krypton." Kara finished reading the small print.

"Yeah, I know. But what's it doing on a pamphlet?" James questioned leaning in to take another look.

"That's what I've been trying to research all afternoon. I can't find anything. Just a time and an address." Winn explained revealing his arrival and spinning his tablet around to show his research.

"That's kinda ominous. Just how ominous it is..." James thinks aloud.

"I'm about to find out." Kara crushes the leaflet in her hand and throws it effortlessly into the bin across the room.

"Wait, wait, you're gonna... You're going to go there?" You asked to which the girl wouldn't budge. Guess you had to go now, all you wanted to do was have some alone time with a tub of ice cream and a bad show without someone getting on your nerves. You didn't have high hope for tonight.

"We're coming with you." James insisted personally inviting them both to join you two.

Kara scoffed. "I don't need your protection."

"Yeah, I know" The two speak in sync

There's a lot of  chatter around you as you four walk in taking a look around a the litter of chairs and the crowd all nested in their own conversations. You take a spoon to your lips which earns a weird look from Winn. You shrugged if you couldn't be at home in a nest of blankets the ice cream was coming with you. "Looks like an AA meeting... Aliens Anonymous."

You try to stay in the background but it seemed like someone else had other ideas and rushed over from their seat in the far corner with a excited look. "Hi. Are you new here?"

The others seemed overwhelmed with her excitement and you let out a small "Yeah." You drop your spoon into the tub and watch her smile grow wider.

"Lucky you. My first meeting was transformative." To which you arch a brow.

"Really? So, what exactly happens during the meetings?" You questioned watching the room turn silent as everyone takes their seats. It seems the show was about to start.

She chuckles. "Oh... Um... It's actually more powerful if you experience it yourself. It's starting! Sit."

Kara shrugs gesturing at the others who feel the same awkwardness radiating from the crowd of weirdos. "Okay." She whispers sinking into a seat before you follow suit taking the seat next to her at the aisle.