Love sick

"Ladies and gentlemen of National City, please welcome the chairwoman and CEO of L-Corp, Lena Luthor." The crowd applauds and Lena steps up to the podium with a wide smile. You watch as Kara blushes watching Lena closely, her eyes fixating on her the redness of her lips. Even from afar Kara had only noticed Lena across the large crowd forgetting about everything well almost everything. You cleared your throat gaining her attention and snapping her from her thoughts which she shakes away with embarrassment. You hadn't forced her to share her feelings around Lena mostly because she hadn't even came out to liking girls and you weren't to one to push her from that comfort space.

You both hoovered above the crowd scanning for any threats at such an event. Once the crowd settles Lena speak out. "Now, I know you all didn't come here to see me. So, I'll start with the good stuff, and then I'll say just a few very brief words. My fellow citizens of National City, the Team of Steel." Lena pulls of the thin sheet from the statue of you and Kara side by side, supergirl had her hands on her hips and you had your fist in the air. The crowd erupts into a cheer again admiring the work shaped by pure metal. "I am so honored to be able to present this statue of our hometown heroes. Some of you must be thinking, I know. It's a cold day in hell, a Luthor praising the two Kryptonians. But ever since I came here, they have been such an inspiration to me." She looks back at the statue quickly landing her gaze onto supergirl. "Supergirl had been mentor, and most importantly, she's been a friend."

"Seems someone's got a favourite." You groaned crossing your arms across your chest as Kara faces turns a deep shade of red from the sweet words that escape Lenas lips, it's not a surprise that Lena had her favourite although without much thought of who she was Kara felt a jealous knot in her stomach.

But it's not long until the crowd burst out into piercing screams and the moment of infatuation is destroyed. The sound of a worried mother met your ears. "Ruby?" She yells dashing through the worried crowd towards her daughter.

You turn your comms on quickly tuning into the DEOs signal. "Winn, did you see where that missile came from?" You ask watching below as Alex steers around all of the fleeing crowd.

"We have no heat signature, okay, there's no atmospheric disruption, there's no electromagnetic trail. Okay, you know what? We're pulling up every security feed within a two-mile radius. There's got to be an origin point for whatever just hit the waterfront." Winn explained a sound of tapping keys met your ears as Winn tried his hardest to pinpoint the threat although it wasn't looking good from where he was sat.

"Now would be nice!" You pushed scanning the crowd yourself but no one was standing out like a sore thumb.

"I can't rush this. Wait. The pressure regulator wasn't meant for high altitude, it was meant for low altitude. They're underwater." You look towards the water and he was right, a large sub hiding beneath its surface. "I cannot track that explosion to the source, you guys. The radar is not picking up any underwater signals"

"I'll clear that building. Danvers, Sawyer, stay on the waterfront." J'onn orders dashing into the building as it starts to crumble at its edges. "Captain, find that submarine." You tap of your comms and run to the edge of the water through the crowd shouting and the screams of a newborn baby. You burst under like a tornado rushing straight towards the sub with your heart beating and crashing against your chest. You grunt unable to move it due to the thick metal and water pressure. You breaths became hushed as you hold your lips tight together feeling the last of your precious oxygen hiss from your lips.

"He can't breathe underwater." Kara explained waiting for you to emerge from the water with a nervous sigh.

"It's not budging" Winn explains after a long moment of your grunting and pushing the sub out of the water only getting it to move a little.